• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Photography

Looks pretty good to me, I think you could be a decent DP. If I ever get to the pro stage I'll probably hire a photographer as a DP instead of someone from film school. Photograpgy students will have a deeper knowledge of light and composition. Maybe the DSLRs will suit your shooting style.

Kubrick started as a photographer and sometimes his films look like a collection of stills.

Constructive crit:

- I thought the colors in 'burr' were dull. Not understated and subtle, just dull.

- Could you correct those blown out candles in post and bring down the exposure a little? Other than that I thought it was a great shot and your model has spirit.

This was my favourite shot:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigmikeyeah/4661543364/

Last edited:
thankyou very much! I read a lot about people involved in filim not liking photographers, and i read about kubrick too, i was inspired alot by his films, you can see how much effort has gone into angles, and straight edges leading towards the action.

i didn't word that very well, but i just got the idea that photographers and film makers didn't get along much because emphasis is put on different things.
for example on here people were moaning about DSLR tests a while ago because there were loads of tests with really large DOF and what not.

maybe i am wrong? just what i thought though

Back