Photography Student/Drama Student/Aspiring Filmmaker in the UK.

Hey, I'm James, I'm 17, and I am hoping to make some decent movies, with some concepts i've created myself.

I live in Cheltenham in the South West of England.

I am taking photography and drama for a-level and I'm hoping to combine that with film.
I am making short 5-10 minute films as the mark stands, but if i get good i will aspire to achieve more than this.

I have only had my camera about a month, and i have made one film, it's fairly experimental and isn't part of a concept, merely a 'first run' to see how i would do.

Open to some constructive criticism, as i will be making my next one soon.
This took me two weeks to make, btw.

'Worms, Cars, And Irish Seas'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfNhvd49mqU

Last edited:
Hi good to see another Uk person.
Welcome hope you learn something of use here.

I saw you're film. Experimental films are often strange by definition. One thing I'd say is lay off the computer video effects, there were too many on some shots. Generally just use them to make slight adjustments. Focus on the arrangement of shots. But you're new to film so it's undertandable.

Hi good to see another Uk person.
Welcome hope you learn something of use here.

I saw you're film. Experimental films are often strange by definition. One thing I'd say is lay off the computer video effects, there were too many on some shots. Generally just use them to make slight adjustments. Focus on the arrangement of shots. But you're new to film so it's undertandable.

Okay, thanks for the help.

Know where i can find a good program for my computer, i only have windows move maker atm?
Price is not a big issue, i can find a way to get cashh. :)

Something that's fairly straightforward would be nice, getting to know new equipment infuriates me sometimes, but i don't mind a bit of a challenge.

Okay, thanks for the help.

Know where i can find a good program for my computer, i only have windows move maker atm?
Price is not a big issue, i can find a way to get cashh. :)

Something that's fairly straightforward would be nice, getting to know new equipment infuriates me sometimes, but i don't mind a bit of a challenge.
I use Sony Vegas for editing. It's not too expensive as editing programs go and I found it quite easy to learn.

Back