• Popcorn Points determine how popular a video is. You can click the popcorn bucket or simply react (Like, Love, etc.) and it will register a vote.

Phantom Rain (Horror Noir Drama) Teaser Trailer

Synopsis: Otis Cleg is a 20-something nomadic loner who moves into the house of former resident Walter Blackwood, a notorious transgender serial killer. When he finds his journals, Walter and Otis' consciousness begin to collide.

Upvote 1
I don't think transphobic horror films are appropriate, and this is especially tone deaf given the current news cycle.

Transpeople have a hard enough time already being portrayed as mentally ill and murderous in the news, trying to incite further fear against them seems really mean spirited.

I don't think transphobic horror films are appropriate, and this is especially tone deaf given the current news cycle.

Transpeople have a hard enough time already being portrayed as mentally ill and murderous in the news, trying to incite further fear against them seems really mean spirited.
When the film comes out you'll see it not anti-trans at all, but I understand.

I'm certainly skeptical, but that's good to hear it's not anti-trans cause there is a shitstorm going on right now in the media.
It's not something I'd want to be part of

Was Brian Depalma's Dressed to Kill (1981) an anti-trans movie? I don't think so. It's in the same vein as that. In fact, there is sympathy for the trans character in my movie. It's really a film about bullying and abuse.

Unfortunately your post further proves his tone deaf statement.

No one is here to knock a film, I think it's awesome you created a feature. But by citing a 1981 film when someone is trying to tell you your film could perpetuate a false narrative being spun TODAY, that is what he means by tone deaf. Look, if you stand by your film, release it, and be proud of it. But you should also understand the current climate and what is being said here.

No one is here to knock a film, I think it's awesome you created a feature. But by citing a 1981 film when someone is trying to tell you your film could perpetuate a false narrative being spun TODAY, that is what he means by tone deaf. Look, if you stand by your film, release it, and be proud of it. But you should also understand the current climate and what is being said here.
I will stand by it. And I will release it. I think my film has more sympathy for trans people that the trailer doesn't give off really. Wether or not trans people will embrace it is left for them to decide. Maybe they won't like it for this reasons, but the trans character who initially is the villain is a victim of abuse and bullying and the film has empathy for him.

I mean, I can just say personally that not only am I not anti-trans, but I have many trans friends and when setting out to make this film I had nothing but good intentions in mind.

It's a film, like the LBGTQ band Garbage who's song I used in the trailer, shines a light on the "queer" of society and how they're often mistreated.

So the bullied become serial killers? Which is what the (certain) media will have you believe. And your film as well? Isn't that proving @sfoster's point?

So the bullied become serial killers? Which is what the (certain) media will have you believe. And your film as well? Isn't that proving @sfoster's point?
All I can say is Wait for the film to come out and make your own judgements. Obviously I have a team of actors and crew supporting me with this film, so I would say they didn't find it as "tone deaf" as you're assuming it could potentially be.

That's fair. And I did make it through the whole trailer, which kind of says a lot. I have a short attention span. 😺

I suppose if you have a lightning rod of a movie, it could be bad... or good. Best of luck! I have never even made a feature, only shorts. So congrats.

I suppose if you have a lightning rod of a movie, it could be bad... or good. Best of luck! I have never even made a feature, only shorts. So congrats.
I am also the director of 1230 Hopewell Road. A film that was largely praised, but deals with some extremist themes that some might see as toxic. I'm not trying to be edgy. I just make the films I want to make.

Yeah it's disturbing to witness people take the actions of one lone wolf and then apply it to an entire demographic of people.

All I can say is Wait for the film to come out and make your own judgements. Obviously I have a team of actors and crew supporting me with this film, so I would say they didn't find it as "tone deaf" as you're assuming it could potentially be.
The tone deaf part comes with what happened this week

Three 9 year old children were murdered by a transgender person this week, none of the actors or crew would have the premonition to know about the mass shooting event during your filming, nothing would have been tone deaf about it while you were filming it.

Tone deaf part comes in the timing, posting this at the same exact time people are fearmongering against a marginalized group.

Now I wasn't personally offended by the trailer, and that is a good sign, but I do fear it was going in a bad direction like the main character would become transgender at the same time that they lose their mind and start killing people. That was the impression that I had gotten, transgender as a murderous mental illness.

Last edited:
The film is out!

Here is the download link. We are doing download only until Friday:

790BB8D2-B9DD-4C31-B983-DB2850160655.jpeg

Last edited:
Back