Perfect iniciative?

Hi fellow filmmakers :))

I have this graduation story that will be in production soon. However, since Im still in the pre-production phase.

Problem: A girl and guy go on a train trip. He is a possesive type of guy (bastard) and has his girl under his pressure. She accidentally meets this guy who is really interesting and develops empathy for him. What would be a perfect initial incident that would explode things into action?

Action, such as, the possessive boyfriend starts bothering her, stalking her, spying on her, building suspicion tension all to a point of climax where he beats the hell out of the guy she likes. He realizes his mistake, but too late so he makes a run for it. He cowards out basically. He then has an accident, becomes poor and their paths later cross after 5 years, where we see her and the guy she fell in love with happily married, and the possesive guy is a beggar on the street.

1. So, what would be a justified reason for HER to leave him? Remember, she was under his pressure all this time because he offered her money,so she is inferior to him in that sense in the beginning. What changes that? Im not really sure what I should be aiming for here.

2. In what special was did he keep her under his authority? It has to relate to money, but in what specific way is there possible?

Honest feedback appreciated!

Last edited:
first off .. iniciative is not a word. your title of the thread is probably discouraging people from reading it and taking your seriously

maybe the bastard treats the train staff like crap, and then she see's the nice guy standing up to the bastard and defending the working class folk

1. So, what would be a justified reason for HER to leave him? Remember, she was under his pressure all this time because he offered her money,so she is inferior to him in that sense in the beginning. What changes that? Im not really sure what I should be aiming for here.

She's sick of being under pressure.

2. In what special was did he keep her under his authority? It has to relate to money, but in what specific way is there possible?

She has nothing at all, and enjoys the materialistic luxuries of life that he provides.

Take a look at Brief Encounters. It is not exactly the same but it does explore similar topic.
Coco Chanel started off depending on money too,so you could read her biography. Theodore Dreiser wrote on a lot of such topics.

It was quite typical in the early 20th century for young girls from provinces to come to big cities dreaming of good life. Models,actresses or just pretty girls who do shit job and than get spotted by rich men who trap them - "I gave you everything,where would you be without me etc. etc. "

So the girl could love him in a weird way + feel sort of in debt + you could introduce drug addiction too.

You could say that the girl and a nice guy become lovers than the bad guy finds out beats her or him up,or both,threatens them w.e and they run away

Back