• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

PBS Offering $2,000 Production Funds for Election-Themed Pitches

Hey everybody,

I haven't been around much lately (it's been busy at the Lab, I'll try to swing by more often!) but I wanted to drop in and let everyone know that the WGBH Lab, in assocation with P.O.V. just launched a new Open Call. Here's the standard copy: (I wouldn't want to deprive you all of the fun, action-oriented PR-speak! :lol:)

This election season, the WGBH Lab and P.O.V. are offering you a chance to make your voice heard BEFORE the voting booths open: TELL AMERICA YOUR ELECTION STORY on PBS.

The WGBH Lab and P.O.V. want your pitch for a compelling video short about the 2008 Election. If selected, receive $2,000 production funds, feedback from industry professionals, and the chance to see your short broadcast nationally. Help PBS put the "public" back in public broadcasting this election season!

DEADLINE FOR PITCHES:
May 2nd, 2008

TO SUBMIT A PITCH AND LEARN MORE, VISIT:
http://lab.wgbh.org/open-call/election2008

So check it out, this really is going to be a good one, and really, what do you have to lose?

-Brian
Production Coordinator
WGBH Lab

Can Canadians submit? I mean, c'mon, NAFTA!

And does it have to do with THIS election, or could we, say, make a video about the 2010 elections in Guatamala?

Can Canadians submit? I mean, c'mon, NAFTA!

And does it have to do with THIS election, or could we, say, make a video about the 2010 elections in Guatamala?
It looks like, unfortunately, you have to be a legal resident of the US to submit. (I had to check the guidelines to make sure, and believe me, I don't make these rules -- that sucks!) And while I realize the point is sorta moot now, I think we're hoping to get a range of entries about peripheral topics, so that would definitely fall under that umbrella.

Hey all, we've just got about 1 week left for this Open Call and so far we've only got about 30 pitches. That means that if you've got an awesome idea, now is the time to get it in because your chances are pretty good to get 2000 bucks to make it.

Good luck everybody, and I look forward to seeing more of your pitches! (And everyone should vote for Chris, who's already submitted!)

Back