Pal and Ntsc

Ok i bought a panasonic nv gs500 the other week and shot some footage on it. I captured it in college to find that it had a frame rate of 30 fps and resolution of 720 by 480. shit this is the american format whereas i need to edit in pal and watch on a pal tv. Now is this the camera? can you change the settings on the camcorder to pal, or have i simply just gone and bought an Ntsc camcorder

PAL: 720x512, 25fps (625-line/50 Hz - 576i)
NTSC: 720x480, 30fps (525-line/60 Hz - 480i)

To convert your 30fps to 25fps and upscale to a slightly higher vertical resolution, you will lose some image data.

Ok guys is it worth just keeping the NTSC camera and buying dv film atlantis? I'll have to capture into Ntsc premiere export it as an avi and then import it into DV atlantis and then convert it before reimporting it back into a pal premiere

Ok guys is it worth just keeping the NTSC camera and buying dv film atlantis? I'll have to capture into Ntsc premiere export it as an avi and then import it into DV atlantis and then convert it before reimporting it back into a pal premiere

Honestly, the fewer the steps in your workflow, the better. I would capture NTSC, edit NTSC, and then convert as the last step in the process.

Back