• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Our first short.

Well... I just watched it and at first glance I had a feeling it was going to be a bit creepy/eerie due to some of the camera angles (close up on the eye, and some fish lens angles), and the music. I was hoping it was going to be a happy film about a clown, but hey, everything doesn't have to be happy go lucky.

Personally, I thought it was good for a low budget film, could it be improved? Of course. But hey, you made a short film that was decent and had a scary, but truthful message to it.

I would maybe give people a lead to the fact that it is a film with a dark story behind it, just so people don't feel mislead? This isn't necessary because your film does give a creepy vibe right off the bat, however it may be useful for others.

There were some moments where the camera went fuzzy but then went focused. I don't know if that was the effect that you were aiming for, but it seemed like it was trying to auto focus or you were trying to find your target area for attention? It is a minor detail I didn't care for, but overall your shots were good. I loved the close ups on the eyes, those were some powerful moments where I felt the most disconnection from the character due to his depression.

Lastly, I felt that some scenes were long and more drawn out than they should have been: For instance when you had the scene around 2:36 to 3:46 I felt that it could have been shorter. Only because I felt like I was being dragged through that moment. I felt the darkness surrounding the guy but it did not need to be over a minute long.

Overall, I liked your short, and congrats on getting it out for the world to see. :)

Very good short, but I never got the motive as to why he did it.

It is supposed to be cryptic and not at all obvious or clear. There was a motive in my mind and is the reason to why certain things happen in the film. I'm not going to give it away though.

Thank you for the support!

There were some good shots in there, acting (however minimal) was okay, but I felt like the whole thing was just an excuse to show a clown hanging himself. i wasn't given enough to identify and sympathize with the character.

good job completing your short!

There were some good shots in there, acting (however minimal) was okay, but I felt like the whole thing was just an excuse to show a clown hanging himself. i wasn't given enough to identify and sympathize with the character.

good job completing your short!

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate it.

Back