• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Orb Effect

I am working on a music video that will soon start production. I have almost everything figured out, except that in the video, a man follows an orb which leads him somewhere.

My question is, what is the best way to accomplish this? I have element, but I haven't messed with it too much, and I'm wondering what the best way to make the orb move about while looking convincing enough would be. I thought about using a balloon and tracking it to the balloon, but that would be both inconvenient, and difficult, as the video is mostly shot in the dark. Any tips?

I am working on a music video that will soon start production. I have almost everything figured out, except that in the video, a man follows an orb which leads him somewhere.

My question is, what is the best way to accomplish this? I have element, but I haven't messed with it too much, and I'm wondering what the best way to make the orb move about while looking convincing enough would be. I thought about using a balloon and tracking it to the balloon, but that would be both inconvenient, and difficult, as the video is mostly shot in the dark. Any tips?

get a fishing rod, attach a LED light or lamp to it then walk behind them or infront from a distance :)

it could work...

yeah, a mix of practical and post is probably your best bet.

Something that cast light as a practical effect... glowing orbs aren't all that hard to find\fabricate.. hung from a boom pole with fishing line.

Then you have something to track and add more visuals too, including a larger orb..

Back