• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Opening credits for movie "Exposure"

I liked the premise for the opening.

The one thing I may have done differently: When moving around the forest/bush, it seemed linear(as in started from point a, and moved back and forth with the camera without any cuts, other than fade outs). I would have tried to go for more distinct cutting between each time the camera light was on. For example, I surmised the camera went from point a-b-c-d-e ect, linear. I would have gone point A, fade, D, fade, C, ect. Maybe tried to get more variety of bush/ forest(and again, maybe you did it was just the nature of the dark and the film)Am I clear as mud? ;)

Otherwise, very creative, and the "single light", like a flashlight, worked well, showing only a small segment as opposed to the whole area, leaves the viewer guessing.

The fade at the end to the house worked well too I thought.

Pretty good.

Possibly a higher res on the text..

Maybe try the text to fade the same time as the picture does? Or make the text turn on without a fade after the fade happens on the video - which you have on a couple but make it more pronounced.

Otherwise, very nice. Keep it up.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback all. No, it isn't perfect. It was more of a test me and my brother did one night. Sadly I can't show any of my actual serious shorts as my hardrive recently crashed and I lost them all. I learned a lesson about backing my work up onto a disc that I'll never forget!

I think it's a pretty solid opening. I do agree the text could have better resolution other than that I think it works pretty well.

I like the general idea, I think you should either use a serif font, like AD-SERIF, and capitalize all of the letters no matter what.

Back