...OMIGOD!!!! Guess WHAT?

...omigod!!!! Guess what!

...I am a finalist for the Roy W. Dean LA Video Grant!!! :woohoo:

As of yesterday, I am one of 17 finalists on a list that will be parred down to 10 then down to 5. I have decided to be cautiously optimistic, because who knows? Somebody has got to be cut and apparently 12 people will be out but...as of right now, I am a finalist!!! Wanna See?

www.fromtheheartproductions.com/finalists_la_video_shtml
look for "Voodoo Children" and that's me! my email is wrong though, it should be kayspinner@msn.com. I better get on that...

...this grant, and most of the grants I have talked about, are not only available to documentary films. The grants I have looked at have never been exclusively doc grants, they include narratives too. This grant has 5-6 available grants so, guys, go see if you can get one. The grant is for goods and services and I will have to go to where ever the services are, but that's okay...

www.fromtheheartproductions.com the deadlines for this year are right there

...yay! Me!

--spinner :cool:

EDIT: the first link looks okay when I edit, but funny when I post... www.fromtheheart.com /finalists_la_video_shtml
put the two together.

Last edited:
...thanks, Coot, for fixing my link. Thanks everybody! I'll let you know how things turn out. Hopefully you won't get my grumpy smiley :grumpy: :D

...you guys rock...

I'm wondering why some of the names are highlighted in blue and others not?

Also, have any of you read/used/reccomend the books about funding from the site?

:woohoo: Congrats spinner! Your going to have to let us know how this turns out. Thanks for the links. ;)
Good luck man! I hope you get something.

CootDog said:
what happened?

...nothing yet, supposedly they will eliminate to 10 finalists, then in August, we will have to 'plead our case' or proposal as the case may be. I will let you know what happens. Right now I don't know anything....

Back