Older Indie Film.... The Cube!

Anyone see "The Cube 1 or 2?

I think they made a 3 as well. My Goodness, I have seen alot of great indie films, But im a huge fan of this one. Especially 2. It was actually better then 1 (Which surprized me).

Please rent it if you havnt seen it. I know "The Cube" was shown on Sci-Fi channel. But was not a theatrical release, and Im safe to say it was an orriginal indie film. If not, forgive me. But its a great low budget film, none the less.

The storyline basically takes place in a Government/Military experiment where kidnap people are thrown in a huge "Rubic Cube" and need to figure out how to escape using Prime Numbers.

Rent both 1 and 2. I love this film.

really, you liked 2 better. it just seemed like the same thing only with more creative gorey kills. 3 was about how the cube worked.

cube is surely a great film, but I didn't care much for the sequels

Both movies start off with really bad acting then just gets better. I feelt hey should have reshot the begining part.

I like watching the directors comment through 1. The guy was saying how his friend did the elevator scene for free but would have costed him 10 grand if he had professional CGI people do it.

This is why I think all Indie film directors should learn Softimage XSI or Max or even something cheaper like Animation Masters (under 300 bucks)

What I love about max is how I can trace the outline of a person and superimpose something behind them without using a greenscreen. takes a long time, but you can feather it out with blur and it comes out OK.

When my kids go back to school and I have some days off, Im gonnna be able to work on my projects more. Hopefully.

The Jim Henson original from 1969, which had been considered lost for years, just recently began popping up in the bootleg circuit.

Just an FYI.

Jim Henson wrote the orriginal cube? i didnt know this.

Are we talking about the puppeteer who made all the Seasame Street characters?

Edited:....

CUBE, THE

Memorabilia
Books | All Products

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User Comments:

2 out of 2 people found the following comment useful:-
THE CUBE: A long-lost "Experiment in Television" and a place to discuss it, 14 January 2003

Author: davidemartin (davidemartin@cs.com) from Milwaukee, Wisconsin

On February 23,1969, a Sunday afternoon, the anthology show NBC EXPERIMENT IN TELEVISION aired a one-hour teleplay by Jim Henson, then best known for being the man behind "Ralph the Dog" on the JIMMY DEAN SHOW. This unique film, titled simply THE CUBE, starred Richard Schaal as a man trapped in a white cubical room. He had no idea how he got there or where it was. And although anyone could enter, he couldn't leave....

In 2002 I posted the original IMDb comment on THE CUBE and started the long struggle to expand the credits on this long-lost, long-forgotten classic. Soon other IMDb users were regaining their memories of this odd but invasive show. After a few months of this it seemed a good idea to create a common place to share thoughts, memories, and discoveries about THE CUBE.

And another place online where you can show people and go AH-HAH! SEE! I TOLD YOU IT EXISTED!!!!

In the three years of existence, we've gone from the barest of information online to full cast lists and a reconstructed script. Next, actual screen images from THE CUBE. Come join us! Feel free to add anything you want, anything you can find, from personal thoughts to actual files and images!

--David

Last edited:
Zensteve said:
Interesting. :cool:

Henson was amazing.

They are supposed to be releasing stamps with this characters later this year. The book also has my favorite picture of him, sitting in front of a window with kermit on his knee just staring at each other

Back