Old skool lens show and tell!

Hey guys, i thought that we could use a more of show and tell with our equipment..esp on lenses. Basically old vintage lenses on new school bodies, but honestly i would like to see all kinds...i just want to compare (and brag) about my growing collection but also i really want to see what others are using (yes im nosey). Would like to see both still and clips of the said lens you post about. But again not a hard rule. Please post some info on the lens and how you are using it (settings ect) if you can remember. I need to get some pics posted soon but at least wanted to get this thread started.

Currently im using a T3i with a m42 adaptor mount.
I havent tried to get other type of mounts yet.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/psychosis_media/6651423287/in/photostream

cant seem to imbed/post the photos so for right now ill post link....

Love the Helios i am using in the dog and cat pics. The Focal is a k-mart lens that has totaly shocked me in build quality and pict quality. I plan on getting more of the focals since the Takumars are sky rocketing!!!

Last edited:
Screengrabs from our Teaser shoot last weekend. Not the greatest resolution so you can't really see the sharpness of the lenses.

Super Takumar 50mm 1.4
6777572779_881935c046_b.jpg

Super Takumar 135 2.5. This one needs a little more contrast added for sure.
6777572439_5900c19eab_b.jpg

Not sure if this is the 135 2.5 or my Vivitar 105 2.8
6777572029_19f72fdf74_b.jpg

I think this is the Super Takumar 55 1.8
6777571579_bfa6c4f6f2_b.jpg

Verry nice!
Oh man i love my super taks!!! i got lucky i have 2 55mm about 3-4 months ago before the prices skyrocketed...i also loooov my viv! Ill repost the previous 2 videos with a better setting ..ie daytime vid to show the clairity.

Back