• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Not advice but ideas

Ok I am currently working on a script intentionally being a "cheezy" superhero movie. Meaning all the old "cheese" of superhero movies in the past in one movie. What I am looking for is from people on here is to search your memery banks from the 60's, 70's, and 80's superhero movies, and give me ideas on what to put in the movie. I am already got thee cheesy cetch phrases, the costumes, and all the flashes of boom, pow, and zonks. But what else???? This is going to be an action/comady if that helps. I know I am being vague. The reason is I do not need advice in writing the script but just remembering all the cheese and cleques from all the old superhero movies. Thanx for the ideas in advance.

Make a list of all the 60's, 70's & 80's superhero films you've watched in the past month as part of your initial research.

That way we'll know what you've missed for sure, and can fill in the gaps.

You know, I hate to say it, but the research is your job; that's a part of being an artist. Everyone is more than happy to help, and that's actually a hinderance to the creative process. Your "journey" doing your research will take you into unexpected places. That's what gets your creative juices flowing and provides some unique twists to your approach.

As a sound designer that's what I enjoy most; experimenting with new approaches, going to new places to collect sounds, creating something fresh and not dipping into the same old well of standard sound libraries. Sure, there are times that I must when budgets or scheduling do not allow me to create fresh sounds from scratch, but it's the attempts and even the failures that teach and inspire me. When I decide to ask for help from my peers I have a very long list of what I have already tried, and I'm not really asking for "answers," I'm asking where else I can search for the "answers."

The internet is an almost bottomless resource. Do a few keyword searches on IMDB, and there are dozens of fan sites. Asking for help should be your option of last resort, not your first choice.

I am not looking for help in full research I have done most of it and already started writing. What I was looking for is stuff I may have missed. Like I got the cheese cetch phrases. I got the random pows, booms, and zonks. I got the easaly escapable, pointlessly slow trap. The evil meniacal laughter. The bad attempt at taking over the world. I am looking for stuff like that. I not looking for others to do my research.

Last edited:
Back