• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

NOIC

OK, we are film making group from town of Michalovce (Slovakia - a think many of you dont know where it is) and here is one of our films. I think other ones are pieces of shit, but this one is something different. I really want you to post here som of your ideas what is good and what isnt in this film :) Thank You :)

http://vimeo.com/13748780

if its experimental, its fine.

it didnt do much for me though. the music was good and creepy but the directing lacked a bit. for eg, the chosen angles for the reveal of someone standing behind him etc.
better directing wouldve couldve given us the feeling u were hoping for. which im guessing is uncomfortable creepiness, due to the music.

keep experimenting.

Thank you, yes feeling of creepiness is good but its hard to get it, i think. I ever admire films where you have feeling of creepiness. And yes, it is one of our first "something like psycho" experiments so thank you for your advice. In our country you dont find people who want help you, everybody tells you only that it is good or bad, but he dont tells you your failur:)

ur welcome, guys. nice to see you can receive constructive criticism. keep at it and im sure ull soon be pulling off what ur aiming for ur in ur head.

goodluck!

In our language correct is: Dobry den (what means Good morning, afternoon, evening but for all the day :D) And, can i ask you? Are you from slovakia or? (i hope you know what i think :D)

In our language correct is: Dobry den (what means Good morning, afternoon, evening but for all the day :D) And, can i ask you? Are you from slovakia or? (i hope you know what i think :D)

Oh, whoops! I actually speak some Polish, but only a few words in Slovak. But my sister did live in Kosice (probably spelled that wrong, too :P) for a year. So I just learned a few words from her. They are very similar languages.

Oh, and you might find this funny. She named her dog Macka :lol:

Welcome to the boards, btw. I watched your short, and liked it a lot. With the music and the editing you managed to create a cool/creepy atmosphere. My only recommendation would be to do some lighting design. Many of the shots were either too dark or kind of flat and boring. (no offense :))

Yes Kosice :D... you spelled it good but i think that Macka (cat in english) is so funny name for her dog :D... and thank you for your advice, too. We use it for our future projects (maybe :D)

Back