• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

No sound on my burnt DVDs

Hi everybody,

Just had a quick question: I'm putting together a wedding video for my brother-in-law and I want to make him some DVDs. I've edited it all together in Premiere and it looks good, but when I burn the DVDs and try playing them on the TV there is problems with the audio. It plays fine during the highlights clip I put together that just has music, but for all of the rest of it the audio is not playing. I can't figure out why this would be except that it must have something to do with the way my DVD player is reading the disc. When I play the DVD on the computer it has sound for the whole thing, but on the TV it only plays sound during the highlights clip. If anyone is able to help me with this I would appreciate it. I have just switched over to PC, and although I have burnt many DVDs in the past I never had this problem before. Cheers!

Shawn

PS- I have tried exporting it with a variety of different settings Dolby, MPEG, PCM, etc. but that doesn't seem to help. Also, I am using Windows DVD Maker to author these (the sound plays fine on the preview).
Oh and the Multiplexer setting is on to DVD, so that isn't it either.:huh:

How old is your DVD player, and have you tried it on other DVD players too?

It's probably about 4 years old, so getting on I guess (are DVD player years like dog years?)

And I did try it on my neighbors and it worked, but then I took it to an electronics store and it didn't work on theirs...

You reckon its just a matter of crappy DVD players then?

Back