new Woody Allen screening

Just got an email invite from the Writers Guild of American to attend a screening of Melinda & Melinda with Woody and the cast! Hell, I'm shaking with anticipation. Never RSVPed so fast in my damn life! Any other WGA members who might be going?

YouAreAlone.com

That's awesome!
smiley_pac.gif

I never get invited to the cool parties. :no:

Wow, that's great. I hear this might be the return to form we've all been waiting for.

It's called Melinda and Melinda. From what I've heard, it's starts out with a conversation (between writers?) about storytelling. This evolves into sort of a parlor game where they tell the same story twice, once as a Comedy and once as a Tragedy. So, the film is one story told two different ways. It's a great concept. Probably the film i'm looking forward to most this year.

Last thing I really liked by Allen was Everyone Says I Love You.

Yeah, the advance word is great. I'm definitely a huge fan. I think this makes me understand the way people are looking forward to the new Star Wars. Woody is my Lucas! But yeah, it's been a LONG time since I've loved one of his films. I "liked" Deconstructing Harry, but haven't loved one since Husbands & Wives.

Easily his best film in many years. Very well written, and Will Ferrell is surprisingly wonderful in the, well, Woody role. And Chloe Sevigny is MUCH better looking in person than on screen.

Back