• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch New Webseries. Feedback Please

Did you enjoy the first episode of IKE VS VIN?

• Amazing! It blew my mind keep it up!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was enjoyable

• I liked it but It could`ve been better

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, they sure like to fight. :)

That's about it, though. After 4 1/2 minutes we still have no idea who these people are, nor why they are engaged in mortal combat. There is no reason for an audience to care about the eventual outcome.

But there's no reason why a series primarily focused on "getting the other guy" can't work (heck, Mad magasine's "Spy vs. Spy" did it for decades. Very basic formula).

So if you do a followup episode, getting to know our characters would be important. While fight scenes can be exciting, there's gotta be a reason for it. If every episode is gonna be chock-socky by itself, it's already played itself out.

Oh yah, a simple listing in Craigslist, or a few emails to bands in MySpace, will get you all the legit music you can handle. There's just no excuse, these days, for lifting material.

Also, very weird the default size of the video. Massive.

As far as the actual content presented; not bad at all, really. Many creative shots & edits, and a lot of action. I hope you can figure out a formula to keep things going, 'cos it certainly has a lot of potential.

:)

Hey, thanks so much for the feedback. The initial point of this series is to be pure action and to cut to the chase without getting into the story at least at first. It was just the two of us that shot this and we used the new Canon EOS 7D and thats why the file is so large. We wanted to maximize quality and really show off how beautiful the camera captures images. As far as the music is concerned, we only lifted other material to make it appealing and we thought the music really fit and that it was a great intro into the show. Episode 2 filming is currently at a stand still although we had a few extra hands and achieved a much higher level creativity giving us the shots we initially wanted. The music also has been written by our oldest brother and it`s epic to say the least. We`ll post that video on youtube aswell as on the website hopefully later this week. We plan on elaborating in later episodes but we like the formula and think it could work.

I just wanted to thank you again and everyone for checking out the link. If you enjoyed what you saw, please let us know. If you hated it, then let us know why. Stay tuned to the website as we update it frequently and look for Episode 2 of IKE VS. VIN to drop early this week.

Thanks,
TheDynamoDuo

Back