• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch NEW MUSIC VIDEO BY ME

Hey all! i have just recently finished my latest project. I worked editor for a music video for a local south florida raper. Hears the video please press like button if u like it :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B16h4HYcoAk

What do you all think?

Oh man, white balance is all over the place!

Plus, you forgot to include one legged dancing gansta on crutches ;)

Last edited:
Ahhh yes long story about this video and the way i received the footage i was unable to color correct individual clips only as a whole and that just looked terrible

By the way i will be working on a cupple more videos for the same artist really soon.

PS. FEEL FREE TO LEAVE POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!!!!!

Nice work! As for the color correction, there is a free version of Colorista, and you can fix that white-balance in a jiffy! Not sure which software you're working with, but if it's compatible with the free Colorista, I highly recommend it. Colorista is the tits!

By the way, you might want to blur out the Ciroc, Monster, Bacardi, and all the other name-brands. They might not want to be associated with all that pot-smoking.

That was fake-pot, though, right? Cuz it's illegal to film anybody smoking pot. That's why I always use oregano, never the real thing. ;)

Nice work! As for the color correction, there is a free version of Colorista, and you can fix that white-balance in a jiffy! Not sure which software you're working with, but if it's compatible with the free Colorista, I highly recommend it. Colorista is the tits!

Thanks man!

Yeah i actualy downloaded colorista the otherday. I only didnt try to color correct because i was on a really tight deadline and jason liked the way the blue footy looked. I work with Adobe Premeire for editing and After effects for the part where the girls are watching his other video on the laptop.

By the way, you might want to blur out the Ciroc, Monster, Bacardi, and all the other name-brands. They might not want to be associated with all that pot-smoking.

That was fake-pot, though, right? Cuz it's illegal to film anybody smoking pot. That's why I always use oregano, never the real thing. ;)

Ummm yeah that was fake pot ;) And what could happen if the logos wernt blured? I dont think they could sue beacuse we are not making any money off it right?

I dont think they could sue beacuse we are not making any money off it right?

Technically, they can sue pretty much if they just feel like it. However, in my opinion, if this is just gonna be on youtube and vimeo, but not MTV (or wherever music videos are actually broadcast), you probably have nothing to worry about. I only mentioned it because I'm not familiar with the rapper, so I wasn't sure how legitimate this has to be, in the legal sense (cool song, btw).

As for the color-correct, if he likes it blue, then hey, that's how it was always meant to be!

Technically, they can sue pretty much if they just feel like it. However, in my opinion, if this is just gonna be on youtube and vimeo, but not MTV (or wherever music videos are actually broadcast), you probably have nothing to worry about. I only mentioned it because I'm not familiar with the rapper, so I wasn't sure how legitimate this has to be, in the legal sense (cool song, btw).

As for the color-correct, if he likes it blue, then hey, that's how it was always meant to be!

Yeah, hes not that big yet. His other music video has 35,000 veiws but this one about 600 sofar but well see where it goes. I really think he has potential to become famous Witch in that case can help me for being an editor/filmmaker :lol:

I know you didn't shoot it, but for whoever directed my advice is this. Tone down the pot smoking angle. Watch an Ice Cube, or Snoop Dog video. These guys built a reputation around that kind of thing, and yet you will note that their videos only hit that particular urban powerchord about 15% of the time. A good rap video is about life, and what you're doing recreationally is just a small part of it, and not the whole thing. In this video All I could see was kids with rich parents burning $100 bills. Are you sure that's relateable to the urban culture of hip hop? Most of the best rap videos tell a coherent story with some emotional meaning. Ice T always had a powerful message.

No judgements, just saying maybe more substance to flash ratio.

I know you didn't shoot it, but for whoever directed my advice is this. Tone down the pot smoking angle. Watch an Ice Cube, or Snoop Dog video. These guys built a reputation around that kind of thing, and yet you will note that their videos only hit that particular urban powerchord about 15% of the time. A good rap video is about life, and what you're doing recreationally is just a small part of it, and not the whole thing. In this video All I could see was kids with rich parents burning $100 bills. Are you sure that's relateable to the urban culture of hip hop? Most of the best rap videos tell a coherent story with some emotional meaning. Ice T always had a powerful message.

No judgements, just saying maybe more substance to flash ratio.

Yeah i see where you are comming from. If you listen to the chorus of the song "Be like me, at the moment im chillin' ". So its not supposed to be putting on a show or anything it was litterly just us hanging out having a good time. On the other hand hes not trying to be "like Ice T" or other famous hip hop artists, hes trying to do his own thing and create his own immage. You know what i mean?

Back