• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

New Member with a New Movie

Hey guys,

I'm totally new here. A week or so ago I posted my first real film on youtube: It's a 16-minute short film (in two parts, thanks youtube :P) called "Revenant", written, directed, shot and edited by myself. I also composed and recorded all the music (I'm totally not trying to sound pompous, sorry if it came off that way).

It's basically a narrative drama/thriller that turns the serial-killer genre on it's head, where up is truly down and none are as they appear. What drives a person to insanity? What causes the need to kill? Why does that mysterious figure always wear that mask? Find out!

Click Here to Watch Part 1
Click Here to Watch Part 2

I'd very much like to know what you all think. Here is some technical information for those of you who are curious: I used a Canon XL2, in 24p, 16:9

Thanks in advance!

- Brian

Last edited:
Nice editing in the first section. I didn't get the chance to check out part 2 of 2 yet.

By the way, were you not able to compress it in 16:9 form to youtube? Because what I'm seeing is 4:3.

Hey, thanks for the kudos. It was definitely shot and edited in 16:9: The youtube version was squashed to 4:3, because in order to make my life simple I used windows movie maker to compress the file for website submission (it's quick and dirty, but it gets the job done); it was in that stage that the picture got squashed to 4:3. There's obviously a way to prevent this, but I was kind of in a hurry (on the eve of a nice, 2 week vacation) and didn't have the time to mess with premiere's export settings. I figured it wouldn't be a big deal, as the DVD copy I possess is the final cut in 16:9.

Sorry if I was a little confusing! :)

Back