new guy here

Hey guys, I'm Kev. I'm a Creative Director who is slowly breaking away from advertising and into the film world. I've been writing scripts and coming up with ideas for other people for years....and also holding my own stories back. I finally just couldn't do it anymore and have been writing my own screenplays since. The goal is to hopefully put out a couple shorts this year and see what happens. Not looking for fame or money, just want the creative freedom to make my own things and tell my own stories. I'm sure ill meet a lot of cool and interesting people here...or at least that's the goal haha.

I was given some mentoring by a few well respected sound-for-picture folks when I was starting out, and it helped enormously. How could I not pass it on?

My little bailiwick here on IndieTalk is as one of the audio gurus, especially problem solving at the low/no/mini/micro-budget level. There are some folks here who can do a really good job tearing apart a script & reconstructing it, others with many thousands of hours of real world on-set experience and so on with the other crafts. IndieTalk is a deep well of experience and information that you can dip into. Be prepared to get, sometimes brutally, honest answers. We're not here to blow smoke up your skirt, we're teachers or mentors or whatever. We harp on the basics because they ARE basic. Once you've mastered the basics THEN you can go pushing boundaries as far as you want, because now your "disobeying the rules" has direction and meaning.

Sorry to ramble on. Cabin fever, i guess.

Back