New guy from St. Louis

Hey new guy...I've been to St. Louis before, does that count? Actually I drove by St. Louis before, and I think I had a layover at the airport, so never mind.

Welcome anyway!

Chris

Hey new guy...I've been to St. Louis before, does that count? Actually I drove by St. Louis before, and I think I had a layover at the airport, so never mind.

Welcome anyway!

Chris

Thanks!!

You didn't miss much, St. Louis is pretty boring as far as film goes :(
Other than the Clooney film shooting soon :)

Hey Spanky!

I'm from the Saint Louis area! and I'm also a film-maker, (I hate affixing the words, student, and film-making) I'm actually a media-studies major, but I make shorts (and hopefully one day, a few features) I'm actually wrapping up post on a french existentialist short right now, (should be finished within a few days), and I'm shooting a sound short this weekend. (For a last minute school project) As of now I'm really trying to recruit as many people as possible that are eager to make original work, and if you have ANY ideas, I'd be more than happy to help you facilitate em'

As far as equipment goes, here's what I have access to: (You know how hard it is to come by equipment here, or at least for some people..)

We own a XH A1, a manfrotto fluid head rig (It's super smooth), I'm ordering a jib later in the week (probably a mid sized deal), a gigantic heavy-home-made dolly, I can receive free rental on another XHA1, in advance, along with as many lights as we could possibly imagine, and another real crappy dolly. I can also get access to a 16mm Bolex, and if we REALLY wanted it, probably one or two days on a 16mm Arri. (but we're sort of trying to stay within the HD realm for the time being, due to the $$$) OH! and We have access to two exterior monitors rigged to a home-made dolly as well. (Also rental.. sort of)

This summer, pending a loan, I'm risking everything, selling everything, and purchasing a HVX200a, with a redrock m2 cine adapter, with Nikon glass, if you're wanting to get your name on some credits, OR if you have some stuff you've written, and you'd like to create something great, hit me up and we can do it!!!!

I'm ALWAYS looking for extra hands to help out too, so if you're wanting to help out on mine (or anyone else's) stuff, I can always pass your name along.

Let me know!!!

-Joshua

I'm from the Saint Louis area! and I'm also a film-maker, (I hate affixing the words, student, and film-making) I'm actually a media-studies major, but I make shorts (and hopefully one day, a few features) I'm actually wrapping up post on a french existentialist short right now, (should be finished within a few days), and I'm shooting a sound short this weekend. (For a last minute school project) As of now I'm really trying to recruit as many people as possible that are eager to make original work, and if you have ANY ideas, I'd be more than happy to help you facilitate em'

As far as equipment goes, here's what I have access to: (You know how hard it is to come by equipment here, or at least for some people..)

We own a XH A1, a manfrotto fluid head rig (It's super smooth), I'm ordering a jib later in the week (probably a mid sized deal), a gigantic heavy-home-made dolly, I can receive free rental on another XHA1, in advance, along with as many lights as we could possibly imagine, and another real crappy dolly. I can also get access to a 16mm Bolex, and if we REALLY wanted it, probably one or two days on a 16mm Arri. (but we're sort of trying to stay within the HD realm for the time being, due to the $$$) OH! and We have access to two exterior monitors rigged to a home-made dolly as well. (Also rental.. sort of)

This summer, pending a loan, I'm risking everything, selling everything, and purchasing a HVX200a, with a redrock m2 cine adapter, with Nikon glass, if you're wanting to get your name on some credits, OR if you have some stuff you've written, and you'd like to create something great, hit me up and we can do it!!!!

I'm ALWAYS looking for extra hands to help out too, so if you're wanting to help out on mine (or anyone else's) stuff, I can always pass your name along.

Let me know!!!

-Joshua

Yea, I'm always down to help out. Lately I have been doing a lot with lighting and really like it. If you ever needing a gaffer for one of you shoots let me know and we can meet somewhere to talk about it.

I'm also from the Saint Louis area, Florissant to be exact. I'm just an amateur but me and my brother are aspiring filmmakers so we would be interested in helping out with your stuff or anyones stuff too. We mostly film sketch comedy and short comedy films but we are into branching out genres. It would also be cool to get some experience working with other people and more professional equipment than what we have.

Last edited:
Back