New Aussie friend looking for collaborators

Hi Guys
I'm Sam from Australia and this is my first thread here.

I have no experience whatsoever in making movies but I've had this idea for years and day after day I dream about it and refine it in my mind to the point of almost having the final cut in my head. My vision is beautiful and that's why it hurts to keep it to myself. I need to share it with people otherwise it will suffocate my from the inside.

The movie is about a group of wannabe writers who decide they can write a book better than The Da Vinci Code.

They craft a bizarre, alternative interpretation of the life of Jesus and his quotes and actions. Their theories are very convincing they are tempted to believe they have unearthed the truth about Jesus. And then one writer makes the polarizing suggestion of turning their ideas into a new religion for maximum financial exploitation.

The plot deals heavily with Gnosticism, Alchemical symbols and Jungian Psychology.

This is a movie heavy with dialogue and takes place mostly on the dinning table of one of the writers. Exactly like 12 Angry Men, My Dinner with Andre or The Man from Earth.

Needless to say this will be a very limited budget movie. But the problem is that it will only work if I have outstanding actors who can perfectly deliver heaps of dialogue. They don't need to be famous or anything, just really good and "real".

Oh, did I forget to mention that I am a lonely immigrant living in Australia with absolutely no connections? If you are in Melbourne or can give me advice or recommend any connections to me just let me know.

The dream of my life at this moment is to see this movie come true. If anybody here can help me then that would be the greatest gift I can ever have!

Sam.

Last edited:
I've had this idea for years and day after day I dream about it and refine it in my mind to the point of almost having the final cut in my head. My vision is beautiful and that's why it hurts to keep it to myself. I need to share it with people

Sounds like it's not actually down on paper yet? :hmm:

Noone can read that vision in your head. Develop & then refine the screenplay; heck, if your vision is that precise & exacting do the storyboards, too.

Good luck! :)

Don't know many in Melbourne. Brisbane is another kettle of fish all together. If the script is strong enough, I'd be able to line them up here in Brisvegas.

Good luck in Melbourne.

Thanks for the reply Zensteve
I have written an incomplete novella with all philosophical ideas in it but the plot is different. The original plot was so complex I had to reduce it to the current one.
Of course I want to write it down (and am doing so) but the feeling that I know nobody and that I may never get the chance to see this movie become real discourages me from writing.

Hi Sweetie
Thanks for writing back. I'll be staying in Brisbane for holidays for 3 weeks in March :) PM me if you are interested in collaborating. we can skype till that time so I tell you more about the movie. It's a very "literary" movie.

Of course I want to write it down (and am doing so) but the feeling that I know nobody and that I may never get the chance to see this movie become real discourages me from writing.

I'll give you one statistic. 100% of all scripts that haven't been written haven't been made. To have a chance for it to get made, you need to write it.

Hi Sweetie
Thanks for writing back. I'll be staying in Brisbane for holidays for 3 weeks in March :) PM me if you are interested in collaborating. we can skype till that time so I tell you more about the movie. It's a very "literary" movie.

Feel free to look me up when you're up here. Just make sure you have it written. In the mean time, PM me the logline (elevator pitch - 25 words or less). Lets hope when you say "literary", you don't mean a bad or a boring story.

Back