Never Introduced Myself

Greetings. My name (online name) is Blanc/Noir. I'm a midwestern high schooler. As a child my family moved a lot so I guess a developed a large outlook on life. I feel like that helped developed my love for films.

Currently the only piece of equipment I have is an awful camera. I'm hoping to go to film school even though I know you don't need to it to be successful, but it can't hurt I guess. Looks better on resume to I guess...

Honestly I hope to make it big in the movie world. Although I appreciate and love the indie world, I want to have giant productions that still are original and creative. I have a notepad of over 80 ideas I have for scripts. At the moment I tend to be praticing my screenwriting skills and will be starting a short soon.

I do hope to become the next Spielberg/Scorsese/Nolan/Who the else you can think of. The chances aren't high but there is always a chance. I guess the answer will become more clear once I truly start off in my film career. Everyday I sit around at home or at school, I wish I was out of college making movies. That's how much I just want to make films.

I guess I see myself as a director, I only write because I want to direct my own visions. I like writing but I mainly write scripts for my own possible films. Which I guess indirectly makes me love writing too. I do also love working with cameras and photography so I guess I'm also a DP (which I am on my current shorts.)

I hope to atleast do 2 shorts this summer if I'm lucky. I don't know how long they might take but...

I tend to think I'll become a great director because I guess I feel like I could do it, but I hate thinking to highly of myself so I tend to not announce it like I just did.

My biggest influences are movies of Nolan, Spielberg, Tarantino, Coen Bros., Kubrick, Kurosawa, Scorsese, Coppola, and basically anyone who can make a good movie.

Note: Not a fan of Terry Gilliam for some reason. I appreciate and respect what he does but they just don't appeal a lot to me. They sound cool but tend to disappoint. I did enjoy Brazil and 12 Monkeys though, but not as much as I would have hoped.

Another note: I tend not to check over posts I make and may make a spelling error or leave out a word or something.

Back