• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

need some ideas (urgent) !!!

Hi everyone, we are couple of people that making a short movie. The movie is about a person who is making a coffee and in course of making that coffee everyones life changes dramatically. I need some ideas so whatever comes into your mind (even though you think its stupid) just write it down. Movie is going to be about 5 min. so just think about what can happen that would change everyones life while making a cup of coffee??? Thx.

Personally, I liked the bit with Stephen Wright and Roberto Begnini... Brilliant pairing. I read the snippy post as more of a dry humor, but as we all know, there is no inflection on the internets... so tone of language and word choice become much more important - a good exercise for writers really ;)

Roll with this one...

INT. KITCHEN – MORNING

A YOUNG MAN, looking the worse for wear, sits at a kitchen table, sipping a cup of coffee. The place is a tip. Various overflowing ashtrays dot almost every surface. Dishes are piled in the sink. Cases of empties are stacked next to the fridge and more empties litter the table where the man sits. He groans.

Another beleaguered youth, a GIRL this time, shuffles into the kitchen, scraping sleep from the corners of her bloodshot eyes.

GIRL
Coffee.

She ambles to the coffee maker. Looks in the open cupboard for a cup, but can’t find one. She fishes through the sink, looking for one. The precarious pile lets out a CLANK.

YOUNG MAN
Can’t you be quiet, Beth? My head.

BETH
Sorry.

She’s got a cup now and quietly rinses it and, unable to find a clean towel, wipes it with her t-shirt. She pours herself a cup. She opens the fridge and peers inside. Wrinkles her nose in disgust.

BETH
Any milk, Dave?

No answer from Dave. She closes the door and takes a sip. Winces. Takes a look around the coffee pot. Opens a tin marked ‘SUGAR.’ Starts to pull out a drawer in search of a spoon, but it CREAKS, eliciting another groan from Dave. She gives up and simply tips the tin and pours some sugar into her coffee and lurches to the table and plops into a chair.

A third YOUTH walks into the kitchen. He looks a little more chipper. He’s freshly showered. He’s not wearing a shirt and has a purposeful stride. He’s making a beeline for the coffee maker, and grabbing any old cup from the sink, fixes himself a cup.

YOUTH
Any milk?

BETH
No milk, but there’s sugar in that blue tin.

Dave gazes over at Beth and, without warning, pushes his chair back with both feet and flips himself onto his back on the floor and starts laughing. Beth stares at him for a few seconds and both she and the youth start laughing too.

YOUTH
What’s up with him?

BETH
Waste case.

DAVE
SUGAR!

The youth shakes his head and stops laughing.

YOUTH
Get up ya crazy shit!

Beth has now moved from laughing to something more closely resembling hyperventilating. She chugs the rest of her coffee.

YOUTH
You guys are fucked!

Dave escapes with his coffee, as a fourth youth, another GIRL this time, storms in. She’s fully clothed, has her handbag over shoulder and is jangling keys in one hand and holds a cell phone in the other. She takes in the contorting hyena and the gasping Beth.

GIRL
What in the hell’s going on in here?

BETH
Blub! blub! blug!

DAVE
SUGAR, Anne! SUGAR!

ANNE stops in her tracks and her eyes widen.

ANNE
Oh my God, no! No, no, no, no, no!

She flies to the blue tin marked Sugar and peers inside.

ANNE
Omygod! Omygod! You didn’t!

A wailing sound approaches and the YOUTH returns to the scene in tears holding an empty cup of coffee.

YOUTH
Can I….get…another cup….of….coffeeeeee?

ANNE
I’m dead.

Last edited:
Back