Need some help here..Please..

Hey everyone so I shot my commercial today. It went pretty good. So now I am in a little pickle. I used the Sony EX3. Now before people told me to download XDCAM Browser software which I did. And then I got Sony Vegas Platinum 12. Ok for one when I upload the footage from the camera using usb cord, the videos wont open. When I keep the camera pluged in the videos show up in the XDCAM Browser and they play. I want these videos to play so I can edit them..

Hey everyone so I shot my commercial today. It went pretty good. So now I am in a little pickle. I used the Sony EX3. Now before people told me to download XDCAM Browser software which I did. And then I got Sony Vegas Platinum 12. Ok for one when I upload the footage from the camera using usb cord, the videos wont open. When I keep the camera pluged in the videos show up in the XDCAM Browser and they play. I want these videos to play so I can edit them..

I am not familiar with Vegas Platinum, but don't you have to encode to quicktime or avi for editing? That is the workflow with FCP. I'm sure someone with more Vegas experience can confirm.

Though I cannot help you with this issue, try putting in a google search. You may need some sort of plugin or it may not be possible.

I suggest that you always test the workflow to ensure that you won't get any unexpected tragedies. That sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach isn't something you want to feel that often.

Last edited:
Back