• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Need a script - 6 to 7 minutes long

A little bit about me and what I'm looking for. I'm a complete rookie. So don't expect a masterpiece. I'm still learning and I'm new to film making. I'm as new as you can get. I like visual story telling. Dialogue heavy scripts are fine but expect edits. If I believe something can be shown visually, or is unnecessary or I just plain don't like it then I'll cut it out. I'll work with you, but I'm a steam roller, so if I don't like something. Too bad to sad, it's out. If your still interested and can handle what I said so far, good. I just want us to be on the same page. You're writing will be under massive constraints. Be creative because honestly, that's all we have. 2 Actors, 0$ budget, and some makeup. I'm looking to spend about 20 bucks on pizza for the crew and some soda. That's it.

Qualifications: None. I don't care if your a rookie, a vet or Sorkin himself. If I like it then I'll shoot it. And I'll give you a screen credit as the Writer: "Written by..."

If your still interested PM.

I could find more actors... So if I like the script I'm willing to be lenient on that constraint. But your gonna have to convince me with your story. Also, If I am not satisfied with the final cut after filming and editing I will trash it. And bury it, never to be seen. So be cool with that too.

EDIT1: I'm not interested in any romantic stories involving both actors as each others love interest. Romance is fine as long as it's not between both actors.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
From a production standpoint: Pizza can be a bad call. People are lactose intolerant. Or they're vegetarian. Or they're on a diet. Especially if you have actresses, they are not going to want fattening pizza.

You said two actors. Is that two male actors? What kind of make up.
It's not enough to make a movie - to make a movie you need a location too.

So what location(s) available for shooting?
Any genre in mind?

Also, If I am not satisfied with the final cut after filming and editing I will trash it. And bury it, never to be seen. So be cool with that too.

Since you're a complete rookie there are overwhelming odds that you won't be satisfied with your first project.
A great script can help improve those odds substantially but it's still fighting against nature.

From a production standpoint: Pizza can be a bad call. People are lactose intolerant. Or they're vegetarian. Or they're on a diet. Especially if you have actresses, they are not going to want fattening pizza.

Ha! It will be fine. They'll eat it and some. I've shot stuff with them before. But if any actor has any complaints about the food they are more than welcome to buy their own food!

You said two actors. Is that two male actors? What kind of make up.
It's not enough to make a movie - to make a movie you need a location too.

Yep, It's enough to shoot a short. My post is clear in what I am looking for and what I have to work with. If you cannot work within our constraints then, sorry bud. This posting is not for you. Creativity is honestly all we have. If anybody is seriously interested after reading my constraints and my post then they are more than welcomed to PM me.

So what location(s) available for shooting?
Any genre in mind?

Thanks for bringing up a good point; genre. I'm not interested in any romantic stories involving both actors as each others love interest. Romance is fine as long as it's not between both actors.

Since you're a complete rookie there are overwhelming odds that you won't be satisfied with your first project.
A great script can help improve those odds substantially but it's still fighting against nature.

I'm a perfectionist. I'm never happy with anything. I more than likely will not be happy with the final cut. Whenever I start a hobby from scratch I always stay on step one perfecting details and ignoring the big picture. But I will try my god damn hardest to create a quality short. I'm in it 100 percent.

it's definitely not for me because I don't know how to write a script without a location.

I find your constraint to be unrealistic and utterly implausible, i've never seen a film without a location and to be honest that sounds more like a radio broadcast than a film.

Furthermore I would never put my heart into it when you say you're "never satisfied" and if you're not satisfied it gets trashed.

Good luck! It sounds like you're looking for someone with no talent or self respect, I'm sure there are lots of people that fit the bill. Not necessarily on this website but you'll find someone.

I probably won't waste my time in this thread anymore, you come in here saying "I'm a complete rookie" then immediately contradict yourself with my feedback "oh i've shot stuff with these guys before" you seem like you are quite confused and I feel like i wasted my time responding to stuff you've said that wasn't even true.

Last edited:
Originally posted by SFoster: I find your constraint to be unrealistic and utterly implausible, i've never seen a film without a location and to be honest that sounds more like a radio broadcast than a film.

I agree with what SFoster said. And as a writer, I'd suggest you be a little nicer and a little more co-operative toward the person who you want to do something for you for free.

it's definitely not for me because I don't know how to write a script without a location.

I find your constraint to be unrealistic and utterly implausible, i've never seen a film without a location and to be honest that sounds more like a radio broadcast than a film.

Location: Room, House, Park, pretty much anywhere public. I can convince a store owner if any scene requires shooting inside a shopping center or a small market, or even a liquor store. Feel free to be creative and use your imagination to write a script without my input on location. When I read it we can discuss if it's possible if not then we can use other creative alternatives. Just use common sense and don't put a scene that requires them to be in the White house. Feel free to contact me via PM.

Furthermore I would never put my heart into it when you say you're "never satisfied" and if you're not satisfied it gets trashed.

Nobody wants to stick their name on something that is not quality. I focus on small details trying to get every little tiny detail right. I'm never satisfied until it's perfect. I would love to work with somebody who is as passionate and as motivated as me. I just want someone that cares and is willing to improve, I want someone who dreams big even in small projects.

Good luck! It sounds like you're looking for someone with no talent or self respect, I'm sure there are lots of people that fit the bill. Not necessarily on this website but you'll find someone.

What are you talking about man?

I probably won't waste my time in this thread anymore, you come in here saying "I'm a complete rookie" then immediately contradict yourself with my feedback "oh i've shot stuff with these guys before" you seem like you are quite confused and I feel like i wasted my time responding to stuff you've said that wasn't even true.

Okay, you don't have to goodbye.

Last edited:
I agree with what SFoster said. And as a writer, I'd suggest you be a little nicer and a little more co-operative toward the person who you want to do something for you for free.

HA! I'm already a pushover, a little nicer and I'd be a floor mat. And I'm giving the writer creative freedom to choose locations, just use common sense and don't choose the White House as a location. If anybody is seriously interested they can PM me and we can discuss this in greater detail. This goes without saying, If a location is chosen and cannot be shot in then we can work together and use a creative alternative.

Here's something for you. Even comes with a video storyboard to help you out. Not very heavy on dialogue. Can use it if you please don't write YOU'RE and YOUR the wrong way around anymore.

https://studios.amazon.com/projects/70090#player/90768

Thanks Mr. Friman, I watched the video, and looked over the script.
With your permission I'll keep your script into consideration. And I'll PM you If I decide to take further action into developing this as a short.

Thanks.

Back