Need A List of Human Trafficking Movies

I need your help to create a list of movies dealing with human trafficking for research on my screenplay to follow I, Creator 3 - The Singularity. The new script called, I, Creator 4 - Earth Rebooted has human trafficking going on. Research always helps to visual how I can apply the concept to my own story.

Any suggestions?

The only ones I can think of right now are Spartan (2004) and Taken (2008). Not sure if either of those movies are accurate to real life though, if that's what you are aiming for.

I need your help to create a list of movies dealing with human trafficking for research on my screenplay to follow I, Creator 3 - The Singularity. The new script called, I, Creator 4 - Earth Rebooted has human trafficking going on. Research always helps to visual how I can apply the concept to my own story.

Any suggestions?

I saw EDEN (2012) at a film festival a while ago. I think it's finally getting release now. Based on a true story that happened in Texas (American gal gets abducted and trafficked in Texas). I have no affiliation with the film at all, other than having seen it as an audience member.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1734433/

Surprisingly, it wasn't graphic or anything, but because it was well shot and directed, it really made me feel sick to my stomach (which was the film's intent) in ways that a more explicit or graphic film could not do. Probably because you know it's based on a true story, and that it takes place in the US - adds a certain level of dread and disgust because the perpetrators are American. Most films on human trafficking like THE WHISTLEBLOWER or BORN INTO BROTHELS takes place outside the US. Or if you want a more straight ahead action film there's TAKEN.

Anyhow, EDEN is worth a watch if you can (or whenever it's released in the US).

Last edited:
Frontline: Sex Slaves. Very excellent and very disturbing documentary.

Frontline: The Dancing Boys of Afghanistan.

POV: Girl Model. Not about slavery. But an eye-opening look at a creepy and exploitative part of the modeling industry that feels disturbingly not so far off from the world of slavery exposed in the above cited documentary, Sex Slaves.

Unfortunately, PBS is no longer streaming these. But, if you have Netflix, MDMP, you can watch Dancing Boys and Girl Model there.

GOODBYE UNCLE TOM is an unique "mockumentary": it presents a film crew traveling back in time to the anabellum South to interview slaves and slaveowners. While an exploitation film with many gratutious un-PC scenes, it also serves as a satire on the attitude that justifies treating humans like property or commodities. For that reason, it has revelance towards modern day trafficking.

The more shocking human trafficking is to people the better. That's what I am looking for in these films. Doing it in a science fiction world will be a challenge. But, I think I can pull it off. I am setting up the right environment for it to be most shocking.

Back