movies Name the Worst, and the Best, Christmas movie you've ever seen

It's the time of year for round the clock Christmas movies. What is your best and worst Christmas movie of all time?

for me

Best movie: Klaus, or Miracle on 34th street, or the original Rudolph the Red Nosed Raindeer

Worst movie: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, or Christmas with the Kranks

To be fair to my worst movies, I have literally never watched a Hallmark Christmas movie, so I'm likely wrong about them being the worst, lol

Personal favorite:

It's probably further away from the original book than most, but it's a musical so that can be excused.

Worst Christmas Movie Ever:

It's always a fun debate as to whether or not "Die Hard" and a number of other films are actually Christmas films. Yes, it's an Xmas film, as it takes place at Xmas, but no it's not, as it's not specifically about Xmas. 1944s "Going My Way" with Bing Crosby is in my Christmas movie rotation; it just feels right, as the last scene takes place on Christmas. Just for fun, "Going My Way" probably has the first true film sequel; the Father O'Malley character was so popular, and the film did so well, that they decided to capitalize on that with "The Bells of St. Mary's."

In Santa Clause Conquers the Martians, why does Santa sound like Foghorn Leghorn?

"Merry Christmas, ah say, Merry Christmas, son."

Back