Name for my Production House...suggestions please!!!!

hello all you wonderful and creative people ;)

My Dad n I are planning to open our own production house for Feature Films here in Mumbai, India.

now the biggest hurdle is to think of a name....... we're racking our brains out but can;t think of any good name......

please SUGGEST...any noun, verb , adjective with a good meaning and sound to it would do........ it can be in any language!!!!

Would Really appreciate the help!!!!! :)

Phuket Films

Cheeky Monkey

Mumbai Moguls

Mumbai Madhouse

Crystal Cricket

Paisa Vasool (LOL! You know I really have no idea what I'm doing once I start guessing at any cultural values over there).

There might be something useful on this:
NET214_f_colour_col_chart_615x405.jpg

Last edited:
What is "important" to you? I put "important" in quotes because it can be a life changing event, your favorite book/movie, a touchstone to your past or something that makes you laugh.

My business is Alcove Audio Productions because my first "studio" was an alcove in the living room of my apartment. My friend Frank does forensic audio work for the police, FBI and lawyers, so that part of his business is obvious and functional - Legal Audio. The other side of his business scoring for commercials, TV, etc., is called Audio Paint.

I used to rent from a rental company called Whachuwhan, which, when the phone is answered, is "what you want?" There's a local recording studio (that caters to really big names) that is built in an old carriage house on a former estate, so they went for painfully obvious - Carriage House Recording.

You may remember the group The Police. So they played on that - Miles Copeland (their manager and Stewart Copelands brother) named their booking agency FBI (Frontier Booking International), and Ian Copeland (Stewarts other brother) named the record company I.R.S. (International Record Syndicate).

So you can be serious, literal or have fun with it.

Also, pick a name that you can part with because if you make a real stinker film, or two, or three, you'll want to be able to disassociate yourself from them by moving onto another company name.

Canned Curry Productions
Reel Mumbai Productions
Wrapped Sari Productions
Indie Indian Productions
Mumbai Indie
My Mumbai
Mumbai Chaos

Phuket is in Thailand not India!

What about:

दो सिरों वाले साँप स्टूडियो

What would that be, Do Sar Sarp?

Basically "Two-Headed Snake Studios"

Father/son partnership... cool logo.

My company is called "WhiteShore Films" which came to be because of this: "Lord of the Rings" is my favorite movie, so I took White Shores from there, and I'm also based near Lake Michigan, so I combined my home and my favorite film (and greatest inspiration) to make my name.

Just an example of what to do to come up with a name. Kind of going along the lines of what Alcove Audio said.

Back