• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch N. Zero Films - Is this a good demo reel?

This is a demo reel that I have been using to showcase my previous work. I am the opposite of a big filmmaker. At my core, I am just an optimist with a DSLR camera and a small laptop. But my mission is (and always will be) to make films that feel larger than life. I hope my demo reel illustrates that and showcases my abilities in doing so. Please take a look and let me know what you think (it is only about 57 seconds).

It is from an artistic retelling of the Nativity, and from my current feature "Overcloud (still in production). Thanks.

http://vimeo.com/254964600

Congrats!

Demo reel or trailer?

Ask yourself what you are trying to showcase, and what you are trying to accomplish. It's a bit random, does not showcase any particular skill, and one pet peeve is, moving lips to music not dialog.

Best of luck!

Thank you so much for you feedback.

I guess I didn't really have a goal with this demo reel. Just wanted to reveal the style of my shots, both in terms of conpositing and directing. Also a little VFX work (the donkey was completely made by me using CGI). I usually hate alot of motion in my shots and also not a fan of close-ups. I want my films to almost feel like stageplays. "I am trying to tell a story, not make a music video" is something I usually go by.

I just hope my style is something that the distributers like. Maybe I'll make an actual trailer and use that as my reel.

Back