myspace anyone?

I don't know, I'm having an interesting go of it. While it may be a waste of time, the jury's still out.

So far, I've gotten about 500 friends for my movie page (Flatland). I've also developed profile pages for its characters. I've found that President Circle has been the most popular so far, with over 300 friends. I may be on to something here if enough friends are gathered by all of the different characters. I'll keep everyone informed.

I was just contacted by a girl I knew back in highschool.. and now I guess we're gonna go meet for drinks and catch up, so I guess it's not a TOTAL waste of time.. :) heh

Knightly: you're evil.. remember who has your footage though.. :D mou-haha

LOL! good Will...

Ladd, I think your idea is great..

AND all of those friends are your marketing partners because their friends look at their profile and so on and so forth... PLUS they are all potential customers!

I've been on myspace for about 5 months. I found the song that is played in the end credit roll on "Rubble" there by befriending a UK artist. It's been a boon to me, especially in keeping up with my film contacts locally (Ohio).

www.myspace.com/mdmelilith ( I think). I will be changing over to a film profile soon.

so...is it a coincidence that I get an add from Mr. Rodriguez and my website gets surfed out completely by someone from an airport in austin texas? I think so!

knightly said:
how do we change background colors and fonts etc?

...okay, guys! This is the little bit I have. It's not much, but it will get you started. By the way, everything is html codes or CSS, I think....:huh:

To Change Your Background, go to:
www.mytheme.com
That's where I went, pretty easy to understand and that is what I need: Easy

To Make Bold, here's the code:
<b>your text here</b>

For A Line Break, put this at the end of your paragraph or picture so there is a line space:
<br>

...also, if you have pictures you want to put on your profile, the site I use is:
www.photobucket.com
I know there are more but I know about this one. Plus it is free.

...I don't know how to change the color of text yet. If someone else does, I would love to know. I also could use a code to make text bigger or smaller. I lost the code for that one...

...hope this helps at least a little...:)

-- spinner :cool:

seems as if it's just straight HTML, I'm just not sure where to do that...I'll try those sites...and here's one for you:

http://www.html-reference.com/

The tag you're looking for is probably <font color=aabbcc>Text you want to change the color for</font> where aa is a value from 00 to ff (0-255) for red, bb for green, cc for blue.

Last edited:
You don't need any special sites, just enter style tags and html in the profile.

knightly said:
seems as if it's just straight HTML, I'm just not sure where to do that....

to make bold: put <b> at the beginning of your paragraph and </b> at the end of your paragraph in the boxes where you tell info about you, or music, or general or whatever....

Is that what you mean?

-- spinner :cool:

OK, you can put inline css style defs in the "about me" box...I have searched through the default file and pulled out all the ids and classes...I'll make a textfile and attach it to this post, but I'm not sure what most of them do yet.

Last edited:
also, be careful, myspace is the most easiest one to get hack in, I was hacked once and a few others, so just watch for bad guys who likes to steal your password.

Back