• Popcorn Points determine how popular a video is. You can click the popcorn bucket or simply react (Like, Love, etc.) and it will register a vote.

My video

Hello IndieTalk community!

I'm excited to share my first video project with all of you. Here's the link to my YouTube video: youtube video

I understand that this work is amateur, but I am constantly seeking ways to improve myself in every aspect of my creative journey. In music, I strive to handle every aspect myself, including producing, playing instruments, and singing. I also have a deep curiosity to explore various art forms, with video being one of them.

I've chosen to use Filmora for my videos and have watched tutorials to enhance my skills in this area. Creating videos has presented some challenges, but I believe that with the advice and guidance I can gather from this forum, as well as the valuable feedback I receive from all of you, I can improve. Please feel free to provide an honest review, as I won't be discouraged if it falls below expectations. After all, this is my first attempt at creating a video, and I truly appreciate any constructive feedback.

Once again, I want to express my heartfelt gratitude for welcoming me to this community. I'm excited to engage with all of you and hope to have many meaningful interactions and discussions in the future.

Cheers,

Mile

Upvote 1
You can paste the youtube link unadorned and the site (IT=indietalk) will embed for you

The clip you have playing at 25 seconds could have a lot better lighting if you just rotated.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about with a timestamped clip at 18s you can see the position of grimes relative to the window.
This way the window lights her face, as opposed to in your shot the window is putting your face in shadow and lighting the back of your neck.

Regarding editing the biggest problem that I see is the lack of diversity in your shot composition
I know its hard to do if you're filming yourself and it gets tedious to move and frame the camera, etc, but it makes a big difference if you could have filmed the track once with an extreme closeup. and then have some cuts now and then to your face taking up the entire frame and making it feel a lot more intimate and get to the performer better.

Some B-Roll of you walking down the street at sunset or something like that would be really nice too, something to get us outside and mix it up instead of every shot indoors.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for taking the time to view and analyze my video and for providing me with tips on how to improve. I will keep in mind that I should rotate the clip the other way around at the 25-second mark. In the future, I will also try to capture more shots for better shot composition. Additionally, I play the keyboard and have created a rack to mount my camera for a bird's eye perspective of the keyboard, which I think could add some interesting close-up shots. However, since I film everything myself, I'm not sure if it's possible to achieve close-ups with special effects. If not, I may consider getting some assistance, but I don't want to inconvenience anyone, to be honest. Lastly, I really appreciate the suggestion to mix in some outdoor shots. Thank you for that tip.

Cheers,

Mile

Back