• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My Star Wars Short Spoof.

This is my 30 second short spoof of Star Wars. This was for Film Riots Monday Challenge. First off I'd like to say thank you to everyone that helped me with my issue of getting the green prop and green screen separate. I ended up using rotoscoping for the project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFubd-nvAOA

I liked it enough... if there was better quality it would've been way better... be sure to re-shoot this if you getta chance

Obviously this was just a test...

Is the voice for the opening crawl supposed to sound so monotone?

Yes the voice is meant to be monotone like that. It is a spoof. As for being a test you're right it is a test. I am still in Film School in my first year so I don't know all the tricks and tips. I spent a good week learning how to rotoscope and how to improve my green screening to get where i am. The challenge had a 2 week deadline.

Yes the voice is meant to be monotone like that. It is a spoof. As for being a test you're right it is a test. I am still in Film School in my first year so I don't know all the tricks and tips. I spent a good week learning how to rotoscope and how to improve my green screening to get where i am. The challenge had a 2 week deadline.

Good. I'm glad I wasn't laughing for the wrong reason.

As for the spfx, I think the sabre looks the best. The roto-scoping is kinda there, but it's still missing it a little.

Still, pretty good for a test.

Thanks guys for the views and for the comments and criticism. The only way to get better is to know what is right and what is wrong.

If you're interested in learning the color corrections I used in the video you can see a tutorial here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaR91YC5OHI

You cut my voice up really badly... lol

If you want some tips for future audio editing then let me know. :)

Last edited:
Back