• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My new short crime thriller

Uranium City

Pro Member
indiePRO
Finally finished my latest, a short crime thriller called "Staged" about a group of theatre undergrads and their murdered professor. As spontaneous a movie as ever I've made, we learned we'd have access to a local high school's auditorium for one day only. I love interesting locations that hobbyists don't normally get to shoot in, so I wrote a simple script, we held brief auditions and arrived just in time for everything to fall apart. Just about everything that could go wrong did.

We lost our Zoom H4 audio recorder halfway through the shoot without realizing it, so a lot of the dialog has been salvaged from just the camera's reference mic. I chose to place the music throughout (not a choice I would normally make) to help cover up this otherwise glaring error, and it works alright. But even worse, it was a two camera shoot and for some still unknown reason only the 2nd camera managed to capture anything. Editor almost gave up several times but STILL somehow managed to pull together the film utilizing mainly the hand-held B roll!

Anyway, the entire cast and crew put forth Herculean efforts that day and we still managed to tell our story, although not in a way any of us originally had in mind nor would choose to repeat!

Check out the trailer at http://www.imdb.com/video/wab/vi4094099993/

And the whole film/official site at http://uraniumcityfilms.com/staged.html

Last edited:
That's a bummer man. The trailer, although very short, looks nice.

Im going to try and watch the full film on my slow internet, and I'll try and leave some feeback :)

Just goes to show the saying "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong" is right.

UC -- way to pull it together. I watched the movie before reading your post. I noticed the audio was a bit off, but then I saw your explanation why. As I said, congrats on getting a group together in no time and producing a decent short out of it!

Holy cow...ya no kidding, that is a HUGE bummer. Double whammied. Ouch.

Well for those major issues occurring (especially the 1st cam footage not being usable), the trailer looks pretty darn good.

I can tell the audio isn't the best of quality...but that's not a deal breaker.

And as some of you know, I'm definitely not a fan of hand-held work...but again, this footage looked pretty good. I'd say all-and-all, you did a great job of pushing through these huge setbacks. That alone deserves a big kudos.

Now...if you like the outcome enough, and the story played out well...shoot it again. :)

Back