• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

my movie released in the UK

You personally might not care too much, that's out of your hands, it's all up to the distributor now, but things like that really could affect sales.

Who said I didn't care? There is nothing I can do about it. I wasn't even TOLD we had a distribution deal in the UK nonetheless had any say in the extras, DVD art, or anything else.

I guess the misconception, from those who have never sold a movie via traditional distribution.... they don't care about the filmmaker, our reputation, our opinions, or anything that affects us. We have no rights and no power over our product once it is sold to them. If you fight hard to hold those rights, they will either pay significantly less money or not deal with you at all. Realities of the business I'm afraid.

Part of the problem is the UK (and most other countries') DVD art. They make the movie look epic and big, which it is not. It's a small story with a handful of characters and not a lot of scope to it. The DVD art misleads people and raises expectations that the movie cannot possibly live up to.

164772_479595906055_574276055_6316310_1459088_n.jpg

now it is also officially "Nazi Zombies" in some countries. Not sure which yet, as no one told me.

Zombies of War is a better name IMO. I was thinking about your title 'Horrors Of War' today, before I saw this thread, strangely enough... The best comprmise would be the UK title and original cover...

Last edited:
Who said I didn't care? There is nothing I can do about it.

Sorry, didn't mean to cause offence. That's what I was getting at. It's out of your hands, there's nothing you can do about it. You may well care very much, but it won't change anything. Once it's sold, it's sold. Nothing you can do about it, so you'd may as well not care anymore.

So is there anything you can do about it?

Sorry, didn't mean to cause offence. That's what I was getting at. It's out of your hands, there's nothing you can do about it. You may well care very much, but it won't change anything. Once it's sold, it's sold. Nothing you can do about it, so you'd may as well not care anymore.

So is there anything you can do about it?

No offense taken. I can't help but care though, even though... there really is NOTHING I can do. A finished feature film is like a child, or at least should be. No matter how funny lookin' or stupid, you still can't help but love it a little and wish the best for it. Even when you know it will let you down.

Just like having kids. Or at least this is how my mother tells me it feels like.

I did talk to that distributor via email over the last few days. They are generously sending me several DVD's of the movie and even the photoshop files of the DVD art. They are under no contractual obligation to do so, but they are doing this for me. That's really cool of them.

I'm a sucker for having copies of all the variations of the DVD from around the globe. It's nice to have them on the shelf if for nothing else but a reminder of how to never get screwed on distribution deals ever again.

Back