• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

My latest film

Sound has some issues, dude.

All the scenes sound so very different. It sounds like you've used the audio from the tape realtime. Since there's virtually no on-camera dialogue, maybe piece together something more controlled?

The VO sounds very flat, too.

Btw, I think you need to deinterlace the video, or something. Lots of jaggies. Same issue you had in that other film you had (forgot the name, but involved a car being near a cliff, and a cellphone, or something)

Nice mention of "the Dreaded Lurgie"... that's what my Dad would tell me I had, whenever I got sick as a kid. :lol:

Have you got any post sound production guys you know Eddie? It can be a massive help.

I was confused about the gravestones as well. Did you have that specially made, if you don't mid me asking.

George.

tbh, i don't have clue about sound editing. A friend suggested i should try using pro tools.

The "dread lurgy" comment was suggested by the actress and i thought it worked very well.

Anyway, i edited the text on the gravestones to keep it anonymous, in case any family members got offended.

What you wanna do Eddie, next film you make, put a little call for things like, post sound production guy, colour corrector, etc. Build a little team of local people to help you.

After being involved in the production of our film, I learnt a lot very quickly about what can make a film fall short.

It's well worth just putting out a few posts here and there to see if people might be interested.

Also, the student fraternity are a very good source of new talent looking to gain experience, and I think you live in Hull, they have a great film school at the Uni.

George.

Hey! People have to eat off that table! :no: Just kidding.
An interesting little tale but the sound really distracted me from everything else.

The sound needs a lot of work. But at this point, I'm not sure if you have any plans to clean things up. I doubt you want to bring the girl back in a re-record her VO...right now it's a little...I don't know...metallic...distant...maybe the mic isn't too great? I don't know. And the rest of the audio is very natural...there doesn't seem to be much design.

Maybe you can add some music too? That might create a nice emotional impact.

The lighting really wasn't taken into consideration I imagine. Many of the shots were too dark or flat. Especially you natural lighting indoors at his house...that was really dark. Were you just using the practical lights in the room?

I don't know a ton about cameras, but whatever you shot it on doesn't like movement. Anytime there was a pan or dolly, the image really distorted and pixelated...maybe that's the upload? Not sure...but it's very distracting.

The story was unique. Odd. But at least it wasn't the same as so many other low/no budget films. You did something different...which is good.

I'm not trying to rip your film a new asshole...I swear. I care enough about it to post what I really think, which is good. I think it had character...I just think it suffered a bit too much from low production value.

Good luck with the next one.

well i am not sure about sound editing. i know hull uni have many talented students but my experience is that they are dedicated to their own projects, and nothing else.

whats pro tools like for sound editing?

Back