• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My latest effort - Highlights from a Photoshoot

Hello IT faithful and friends. It's been a while but that's because I was working on a few things and here's one ---> https://vimeo.com/54346529

It's a highlight vid of a photo shoot that was...well...let's say it had it's challenges (thus the resulting higlight vid instead of something else). Anywhoodle, it's another shot at the learning and improving process. Give 'er a look if you have a moment and let me know what you think. Your feedback is most appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Sam

Was it supposed to be a BTS video? Might have used more shots of both photographers & talent in frame same time. Went a bit long. Ending credits themselves far too long.

So what was the biggest thing you learned from the project? :)

Hi Steve. Thanks for watching.

It was supposed to be a little doc but then the most of the sound was unusable as we had a kerosine heater in place (it was cold as heck) and the room had a wicked echo - so my interview was unusable. I could only get one interview too. So it became this highlight reel thingy that did run a bit long. The whole exercise became a bit chaotic and lost organization and I could not get the shots I wanted/needed for several reasons...so I patched together this thing. Oh well, live and learn. But it wasn't all bad as I got to experience a few things.

What did I learn? Not so positives first - working with photographers (who are amateurs/learners like me) is not the easiest thing in the world. Egos emerged and tempers flared and people went off and did their own thing and whatnot so I could not get the coverage I would have liked. On the positive, I gave Looks a shot and customized my first look ever (I never graded my work before). It's a bit rough in dome ways and areas but I like that I dabbled in it.

Anyway, thanks for watching, Steve, and as always I very much appreciate your honest feedback.

On to the next project.

Back