• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My first POWER METAL music video!

hey guys! I'm 17, and i've just released my new music video I made it for a local latin american POWER METAL band named Nova Era ( so yeah the song it's in spanish), well I used many techniques I learned from some of you guys, and the feedback you gave me in my last music video really helped me out, so I really wanted to say thank you and please let me know what you think about my work, if you could help me out with any likes and subscriptions i would really aprecciate it, thanks again!
here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfdpQNw0oBg&hd=1

Metal's stil kickin' ass down Mexico way, huh?
smiley_rock.gif

Dull colour palette. That got tired fast.

The particle effects looked very realistic in some cuts; not very, in others. Well done though, overall.

For such a modest setup, it's a winning music video. :cool:

Nice.

Does the client like it?

Are you getting paid for this? you should be.

That was an awesome location, you could have done a lot more with it. Light up the background some... You have cool smoke, but you need light beams!

Metal's stil kickin' ass down Mexico way, huh?
smiley_rock.gif

Dull colour palette. That got tired fast.

The particle effects looked very realistic in some cuts; not very, in others. Well done though, overall.

For such a modest setup, it's a winning music video. :cool:

Thanks for the feedback!! The color palette was that way because i didn't wanted to darken the backgroud too much until you weren't able to see what's going on, in fact i was about to contrast it more, but realized a lot of detail is lost but I'll keep that in mind! :)

Nice.

Does the client like it?

Are you getting paid for this? you should be.

That was an awesome location, you could have done a lot more with it. Light up the background some... You have cool smoke, but you need light beams!

Thanks for the advice!, i will totally do that on my next video, my clients pretty much loved it, they were expecting a lot less from a 17 kid hahaha yeah I got paid, that's my current job, it was like $210 bucks and i was the one who got lighting location ad stuff, by the way now you ask, i'm still a bit unsure about my prices, how much do you think i should be getting paid for work like this?

a couple hundred bucks for doing something youd be doing for free aint bad!

Local music videos are tough at your stage of personal development, I mean price wise. Getting $210 is pretty fantastic, specially considering that some other friend of the band will do it for free.

How much you "should" be getting is more a factor of market. Whats the going price and what the market will allow.

Are their people in your local market that specialize in music videos? What do they charge?
How much do you think that band would\could pay for that video?
You might start asking band managers and small labels in your area.

Back