• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My First Fight Scene !!

Heh, where'd that bottle magically come from, at 1:32? ;)

Very shaky, yes. Was that all done in post?

I gotta say I was reminded of a few side-scroller videogames, fwiw. Maybe Modern Day is onto something lol. :lol:

The long approach; the first entrance with 90-degree turn to continue; the repetitive blows as the victim is caught in the corner; the canned sound of the fists punching; the almost finishing move final blow at the end; lack of dialogue... yeah, I'm seeing the influence. :)

So why is the one dude chillin' in a monkey suit? What kind of crazy place is Bulgaria? :abduct:

Is it for film riot's Monday challenge? I am posting a my first fight scene for that too! One thing I thought was distracting were the fade to blacks. I think they take away from the fight, but that's my opinion.

Last edited:
It was far too shaky and we didn't get to see much at all. The attacks didn't look very powerful and the rhythm wasn't the best. When you attack someone on screen it is better to put your upper body into the attacks and swing wide - placing the camera carefully at an angle behind the recipient. The recipient should snap his head first and his body second if he's being struck in the face.

Back