My first C-stand!

Received my very own c-stand yesterday.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161063000500?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

This seems bigger and heavier than I expected. The c-stands at the pro studio I rented a few weeks ago seemed both lighter and not very chromey like mine. I think however , this may be a scaled to a smaller space illusion, when I was using the cstands at the studio I had a huge space to setup in, I set mine up in my already too crowded garage.

The gobo heads seem of a lower build quality. The ones at the studio just felt like solid blocks of aluminium, these feel like cast pot metal. They seem to work fine, but I can see them not lasting 20 years.

The extension arms also seem lower quality, I recall the pro ones being solid, the one I bought is a tube with plastic plugs on the end.

That said, the price was good + free shipping!

Iv been looking high and low for used locally but people hang onto these or want almost new prices for 20 year old gear!

Now I need another!

My next DIY project is a 4X4 rag Frame.

But Ill need to buy some clamps

and a .....

(its like erector set for grown ups! )

Thanks

You've probably already addressed this, but just in case -- make sure you've got an assortment of sandbags. Those C-stands can get real top-heavy.

Also, nice move on upgrading your equipment! :)

Back