My film will beat your film!

Zensteve said:
I'm sure I don't know who you mean
smiley_mickey.gif

Don't worry too much about the genres, good Cibao. They are vague enough to allow a lot of creative flexibility.

Mr Cootdog and possibly a VegasTV, too? Maybe if you both combined forces, you could take me down...

smiley_phoneright.gif
"Hey VegasTV, it's Coot. Let's gang up on Zen!"

smiley_phoneleft.gif
"Great thinking man. No way could we beat him in a fair fight."

I am so confident that my film will be better, that I am considering filming the entire thing with the lenscap on... and still be able to win this!

(I won't be winning the Modesty Prize, though)

You hear that Coot. Looks like i'm going to have to get in this contest. Lens cap on huh Zen, well I'll just post my script, and that would win alone. I don't need no stinking camera.

:lol:

Zensteve said:
All is fair in love and film, good sir
smiley_piratriot.gif

I have also pre-emptively stolen the names of the sequels.
  • The Darkness Strikes Back
  • The Return of the Darkness
  • The Phantom Darkness
  • Attack of the Darkness

and for good measure,

• Revenge of the Darkness
(That one brings it full circle, you know.)

You underestimate the power of the Zen side.

(Insert heavy breathing here)

Ummmm, I'm not sure where you got the titles from, but I just had Darkness, Darkness 2, Darkness 3, and then with a lot of creativity I came up with the piece d' resistance of Darkness IV.

Chris

Just so everyone is on the same page - the rules and regs of the contest have not been hammered out as of yet, so don't get too hasty with planning out ideas. A specific genre may or may not be a stipulation of entering. Plus the whole point of the excerecise is to throw the entire film together in six weeks.

Poke

Yep!

My son is writing a story about Chipmunks in space with some of his freinds. Not that it will be the deal. I just had to get the line: May the Squeak be with you! I'd love to be eight again.

Thanks for the reminder Poke.

What I wouldn't give, to be eight again :(

For now, I will settle for kicking sand in your faces, like a bad Charles Atlas advertisement!

To re-reference the Annie Oakley from earlier...

"Anything you can do, I can do better..
I can do anything better than you!"

Go-go Ethel !

_______

Armies of Darkness? Try "Darkness of Darkness", mister. :cool:

While it's true I have no idea what the genre of this contest is yet, I have already won. There is just no doubt!

If I were a WWF wrestler, I would be snapping into a Slim Jim right about now. RAAWRRR!

_______

Mr Euling...

You worry me. No bravado, no name-tossing, no derision...

A simple "Here I am"...

I'll be keeping my eye on you, you sneaky weasel.

...and before the sun rises... :seeya:

Last edited:
Yeah, when does it start? What are the rules? Are there any rules? Are they flexible? Can they be broken? Does the 757 eat its young? Where did I leave my keys? Spock, where's your beard? What kind of uniform is this? Where's my personal guard?

Sorry - the caffeine is slowly wearing off.

Anyway, I'm anxious to get involved in this historic third round. I just picked up some killer software and I'm itching to put it to good use in a project.

Start-date is this coming March 18th.

Yes, that's this Friday. :cool:

Details will be posted on this coming Friday... though more rumours will be popping up ahead of that.

anything in particular i should know before the round starts? and dont tell me to go read 28000 pages from the last 2 rounds.

All you need to know is this:

You will have six weeks from the start date to complete a short film that is no longer than five minutes in length (including opening and closing credits). No illegal use of music is allowed (if you use an Aerosmith song, you better be able to prove they gave you permission). There will be little details - such as prop, line, genre - that every entrant must include in the film in order to prove that this is not previous work that has been dusted off and displayed as new. Those details have not been decided upon, but they will by Friday.

Poke

Overoptimistic said:
I think I might try it.

To paraphrase a certain wise 2-foot tall green muppet with a lightsaber:

Yoda said:
Do, or do not. There is no try.

I have Yoda on my side. You have... Jar Jar Binks.

I have Wookies on my side. You have... Ewoks.

I have Bobba Fett on my side. You have... Greedo.

I have Darth Vader on my side. You have... Dark Helmet.

I have the Original Trilogy on my side. You have... the sequels.

I have already won!

_______

Oh and if you need an actor (or any other help) for your flick, gimme a call.
smiley_pac.gif

Hey Zen

I was kicked off the playground for throwing sand. ........... and ......... I had to do time out for three days ........in the corner.........with out food or water ......... think your tuff!

Zensteve said:
I am so confident that my film will be better, that I am considering filming the entire thing with the lenscap on

This ought to be an improvement over your last film. ;)

You're goin' down! (not by ME, mind you...but odds are someone will take you. )

Back