My feature film is finally on youtube

Hey guys. Below is the link to the movie I have been working on. This was the Project that brought me to this site So again Thank you to everybody who gave me good advice and also being very cool about it. If you like Monster movies then give it a watch. Also I made my facebook page for my projects as well so if you like what you see and want to keep in the know about more things then give it a thumbs up.
Enjoy everybody. More projects to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLJsIXvJWts&feature=youtu.be

https://www.facebook.com/Dying-Dog-Productions-1651494621729797/timeline/?ref=hl

Last edited:
Doesn't seem like you're promoting this very well.
No photos or trailer in this thread, and your Facebook page is lead by a blurry photo..

8025692978_ddec2400e8_z.jpg

Interesting concept, my personal feelings about this aren't good, I won't go into detail but I will say it falls short of being watchable for me, I did watch the first 5 minutes but then I had to skip, I did like some of the effects you used for the vines or trees whatever you wanna call them.

You made a feature congrats!! Next you need to work on cinematography, better story boarding and perhaps less foul language and better story line, just my feelings though.

I guess some people just don't understand the movie. It is meant for a specific type of audience.

Hope you don't think I'm dissing you, out of curiosity what type of people were you aiming for with this movie and what do you understand from this movie that I'm not getting? I would liken it to old school horror but falls short of quality, also your one step ahead of many people and have created a feature..

1) Congratulations on finishing a feature. (I haven't yet, not even working on it at the moment.)
2) Even is something is a still from your movie, it doesn't mean it is a well chosen one. (You should learn more about marketing and communication.)
3) Make more and grow as a filmmaker. From what I have seen it is really at beginners level.
Why?
- Blocking/framing is al over the please. Often too much sky above heads without reason
- Continuity flaws within a scene in grading/exposure and position of characters
- Audio isn't contious in a scene: the background noise emphesize cuts instead of hiding them
(There is more feedback to give, but these 3 points are most important.)

It's okay to be a beginner.
I was.
Everyone was a beginner once.
I think you accomplished something a lot of people only dream or talk about, yet, at the same time the overall impression reminds me of the very first videos of the first year in artschool: a lot of skills that still need to be developed.

You can argue that I 'don't get it', but go watch various scenes of law enforcement discussing the crime scene with a dead body (that really does not move ;) ) and analyse what is different from yours (starting at 6:33) in the framing of the shots.
But you can do that a few weeks from now if it's all too fresh now.

lol my last response was meant be a joke. Please don't think im that snooty person. I can't stand people like that, my bad I sould of put some J/k or something. and "Foster" nice clip hahaha doors movie, good stuff. "I've been sleeping on roof tops a lot latley"-Val in the doors movie.

but yeah, I was not trying to come off like that at all. I appreciate the words doods

Film crew was usually two people or one (me) depending on one or two scenes. and operating a boom an camera...total nightmare. Movi budget was about 3G's two of which went to the gear alone. I knew nothing about film making but thanks to this forum and cool peeps like you guys I learned some good ropes to get me started.

Continuity, lol yes i know its a bit off. like peoples hair cuts are different but i didn't care I just wanted to get this thing filmed plus i wasn't paying the people so I can't be like
"AYE!!! DON"T CUT YOUR HAIR PUNK!!!" lol

Type of audience I was aiming for? Not really sure. I use to rent really old bad horror movies as a kid with my friend who also helped make this movie (anyone ever see "the night brings charlie"?)
I guess I always wanted to make my own weird movie you would find in a video store you rent and watch and think "wtf?!" i remember also wathing "vamplayers" hahaha and soo many more.

Again thanks for the words but can we please give props for my friend (man playing the pimp in the beginning) for jumping off that cliff backwards so we could do the reverse shot? I would never do that.

one last thing,

Walter B
c'mon you said had some points lets hit it!!! im not gonna be a crude person and be like " uggghh what do you know!!!!!" C'mon man feed back buddy that's what I'm seeking

Back