My favourite gear

Interesting post, thanks for sharing.

Not sure how I feel about that bag. Don't get me wrong, it looks like a very nice filming bag, but $199 for a bag?! You could get a perfectly nice Case Logic bag on Amazon for a tenth of the price...

Not sure how I feel about that bag. Don't get me wrong, it looks like a very nice filming bag, but $199 for a bag?! You could get a perfectly nice Case Logic bag on Amazon for a tenth of the price...

You could. In fact, you could get cheaper versions of almost everything on the list. But you get what you pay for... ;)

My wife has a saying she applies to clothes: "With quality items, you only wince once". In other words, the cost may be painful, but then you're not left with buyer's remorse and that constant, nagging annoyance of something that isn't quite good enough - and which soon fails, leaving you to pay out again.

Interesting post, thanks for sharing.

Cinebags are designed by people who actually work in the industry. They've got pockets and whatnot based on real-world needs, and are built to take a beating on set and during transport.

Case logic might sell a cheaper bag, but it's really just that.. a cheaper bag... not just less expensive.

not sure about the follow focus. Iv never used just ONE mark on an FF, so its big selling point is sorta lost on me.

Actually, the big selling point is that the disc faces the camera op. But I use that one mark all the time. In a shot where you do one focus shift (which is most of the focus pulls that we do) then you only need one mark. And, in fact, the FF has lots of marks already made because of its built-in scale.

Well, of course, there's nothing to stop you doing that with this FF (although one of the marks is already there). I've never bothered because I always re-check the start point focus manually - but that's just the way I work.

Back