MUSIC RIGHTS - i have the bands permission, do i need anything else?

BACKGROUND INFO:
I just finished a short episode that will hopefully be part of a larger series that will be posted to youtube. I am hoping to get enough views to partner with youtube and host ads to make money. There is also the possibility of creating a website that could contain the videos and maybe using the site to post ads.

I searched this site and didn't find anything so my question is this:
I am using music from a rap group and through email they have explicitly given me permission to use their music as long as they are credited in the credits and on youtube.
I have saved the emails, but do I need anything else to legally use their music without fear that they could change their mind later in the season?

Any insight into this topic will be greatly appreciated.

If this were for something large scale like a DVD then you'd want to get everyone who contributed to sign a combined Synchronization and Master Use License. There isn't a hill of beans worth of money to be made doing internet money making ventures, so I wouldn't get too anal about legalities.

Make sure and save the emails on your hard drive by backing it up to an external drive. Printing them out on paper doesn't prove anything. So, for example, Mozilla Thunderbird emails are located here C:/Documents and Settings/[your user name]/Application Data/Thunderbird/profiles/

Who is "they"? One band member? How do you know that the rest of the band is cool with it?

thanks for the advice so far!
"they" is the band's record label "Rule the World Records" i messaged them on their website and they sent me their email address so that i could contact them that way.
I'm not sure who owns the label, the CEO is listed as "Pharaoh" so I'm guessing that the actually band members might have control of the label, but I'm not completely sure.

Whomever I spoke to through email seems like a very nice individual, but I don't want to be naive and get screwed over if the series ends up getting even semi famous.

Back