Movies like Super 8

Hi!

I am looking for a movies like Super 8 , Jumanji , The Goonies etc.

Would love some nice movie about youngsters have their regular life when weird things starts happening ,they have this wild adventure .

I am in the mood of this type of film but I don't know what to watch, can't find a good movie .

Whatcha think ?

The Burbs
Monster Squad
Monster House
Solar Babies
Red Dawn

Maybe Bugsy Malone :cool:

Almost all of these are from the late-80's or earlier, fwiw

The kids and I recently enjoyed Time Bandits. Been working on getting more movies of this style to introduce them to also.

CraigL

Flight of the Navigator was another one that we enjoyed watching. The beginning to that movie is a remarkably disconcerting concept. I don't think they played it up as well as they could have, but perhaps seeing as the movie would have kid viewers, I'm sure they toned it down on purpose.

CraigL

I used to love FOTN as a kid!

Best kids adventure of all time has to be The Labyrinth though. It might be a bit too fantasy for what you're after though, so I don't know if it counts.

Edit: Oh, and check out The Last Starfighter too! Man, it was awesome being a kid in the 80's. :cool:

It will certainly show it age more than a movie like Labyrinth though!

Last edited:
Mary Poppins and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Dick Van Dyke was great in both of these movies.

Disney made a lot of good family movies back in the day.

Swiss Family Robinson was good.

My wife catches me watching these on obscure cable channels and rolls her eyes.

Lord of the Rings....I know they aren't literally kids, but the Hobbits have a childlike naivete... not to mention, they're the size of children, even fully grown.

The Hobbit is a notable mention too, but that movie's chock-full of midgets

Back