• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Movie trailer for "A Playas Web

Nice cinematography. I think overall, this movie has a very nice, polished, yet natural aesthetic.

Obviously, there's the copyright issue, with that song usage. There's a lot of good music out there, plenty of artists on myspace that want you to use their music. Yeah, for a tiny production, you can probably get away with the copyright infringement, but with so many willing bands out there, I don't really see the point in risking it.

As for the trailer, I think it could maybe move a little faster. Looks good, though. Good luck!

Would deffo give this film.. and will!

Using the simple love triangle story will surely entertain both the male and female audience along with a stong male character and strong female characters!!

looking good, well done :)

Looking good, man..

It's a tough genre, I guess! I too think the crowd's gonna love it.
To tell such a story is something I know absolutely nothing about. The title character seems to have something going. I guess he'll be capable of carying a lot of the story's weight.

Keep it up!

Cheers,
A.

It's rough being a player...and even rougher playing one on television. I'm sure that actor hated his job.

Looks sharp. Good lighting. I think the sound could use some work...that's the number one thing indie films need to work on.

Good luck.

Looks sharp. Good lighting. I think the sound could use some work...that's the number one thing indie films need to work on.

True. It's a shame so many Indie films leave this out.

Once they get it right it can really work. Watch Pi the Movie with the sound turned off, and it looks pretty cheap. Turn on the sound and it's hard to believe they shot it on film for 60,000. Aronofsky spent a lot of time building a dense, complicated soundscape. I think that was one of the factors that helped his debut film break out.

AA and others have made me think a lot about sound. I'm spending extra effort trying to get a decent soundscape on my current project. "Sound is half the experience." is such an obvious, powerful, simple quote. Following that advice, or ignoring it, can make the difference between a successful and failed project.

It's amazing what you can do with a few days effort.

Hey guys about the sound we did spend good money on our shotgun mic is just that the editor need to make the volume high enough on the trailer. As far as the sound for the movie everything will be good

Coming from me this will be no surprise - the sound is atrocious. I had trouble understanding the dialog in a number of places, and there were many instances places where Foley and sound FX would have really brought home the sale.

"We did spend good money on our shotgun mic" and " the editor need to make the volume high enough on the trailer" is an excuse that an audience won't know about, nor will they care. A trailer is a marketing piece, and is in fact the ONLY thing that will convince an audience (and perhaps a distributor) to see - or avoid - your film. It needs to be highly polished, your audience expects it. That's why there are companies that specialize in producing trailers - it is an art form unto itself. Be honest, how many times have you seen a really cool trailer, decided to see the film and then been disappointed?

You definitely need a really cool song for the trailer (and the film?); you're current choice is great, but you'll never be able to keep it, so start looking for a replacement now. There are thousands of fantastic unknown artists and tracks out there; it shouldn't be hard to find one.

"As far as the sound for the movie everything will be good." Who's doing/did the audio post? Just curious; we're a pretty tight-knit community.

The trailer looks good, the film looks like it would be fun.

Yes! The trailer looks sharp and polished. I agree with the comments on the sound. My own experience tells me how important it is and shouldn't be overlooked (Like I did). But yours isn't to bad. Overall it looks great and I'd love to check it out in the near future.

hey guys again thanks for the feedbacks..as for the sound, am not making any excuses we record with a rode ntg3 shotgun, which is prettygood. so we just need to get skilled on audio post. with out feedbacks nobody craft will ever improve. thanks guys.

Great job DFUTURE... I really love the song with it, i hope you can find somebody in the neighborhood that can make a similar feel good song. Everybody does music these days, it shouldn't be hard. I don't know the story, but i hope he finds love at the end and becomes a stand up guy because Tyler Perry is doing a disservice to all African American males in movies... HA HA. This film looks entertaining and I will definitely look out for it.

Back