Movie Poster I Made

Tell me what you guys think... I need some opinions. It's for my producing class, where we had to create and cast a film. Now we are marketing it, and had to create a poster.

The film is about a soldier returning home from war. When he gets home, he finds out that civilian life is harder than he thought it would be. He suffers from a hard case of post traumatic stress, and has trouble returning to "Normality".

Do you guys like the tagline/fonts/festival laurels?

Just need some opinions on it.

thanks

normalityposter3.jpg

Great composite. Looks nice with the black & white and the edges are clean on the guy in the middle. I like it.

Looks pretty good.

I would drop the credit text below the movie title just a smidge...give it some room to breath.

I would also make sure your apostrophy shows up in the word: don't, which is placed in the guy's head. Right now it looks like spacing issues.

I would make sure you don't paint over the guys left hand...right now you have white on the back of his hand...I would get rid of that.

Other than a few little things, it looks nice.

The tagline and the name of the film are extremely small.

Other than that it is nice. Like the dog tag letters.

If this is for your marketing class you may want to make it normal proportions (portrait), I don't know the assignment but the professor may tell you most theaters are not able to handle custom sizes.

The tagline and the name of the film are extremely small.

Other than that it is nice. Like the dog tag letters.

If this is for your marketing class you may want to make it normal proportions (portrait), I don't know the assignment but the professor may tell you most theaters are not able to handle custom sizes.

nah its not for a marketing class, its for my producing class. I don't think it matters much, but I will probably invert it for fun and see how it looks.

Very nice job! I love the individual dog tags for each letter of the title.

My only thought it that the tagline seems to be in a bit of an awkward location - it's really nice having it in the black area of his hat, but are far as the total composition of the poster, it's sort of hanging out in the middle of no where..... in my opion at least.

My only thought it that the tagline seems to be in a bit of an awkward location - it's really nice having it in the black area of his hat, but are far as the total composition of the poster, it's sort of hanging out in the middle of no where..... in my opion at least.

Yea, I thought the same thing.. but I tried to put it in other locations and it doesn't look presentable. I feel like the top of his head was the only location to do so.

I agree. I'll think about options and post them.

Back