Most users online - Good needs for IT!

TITLE SHOULD SAY: Most users online - Good NEWS for IT!

I always noticed for ages that on the side most users online was sometime in 2008. Then in January we had a day with the most users online, now again two days ago! That's pretty good for Indie Talk if you ask me. Still doesn't beat other film forums with 9000 or so, but a small community is a good community, right? :)

Still disappointed that I wasn't online then though :P

mostusersonline.PNG

Last edited:
IndieTalk is all about quality, not quantity. We're not here to blow smoke up peoples skirts - if we think it sucks, we'll tell you so (without being nasty), but we'll also tell you why and give suggestions on improving the quality of your next project. We discuss gear, but try to avoid becoming obsessed by it.

IndieTalk tries to uphold fairly high standards. Because of that, phonies and poseurs don't last long.

But, above all, IndieTalk is a real community with lots of very long-time residents and enough working professionals to give real world (reel world?) perspective.

I guess I missed the last change because the number I remember before this is 1592. Anyway, good for IT and glad to be a part of a generally honest community.

Touching on what Alcove said, gear is important, exciting and should be talked about but other forums become all about the tech and not enough about the process of using the tech.

I made love while on this forum.... That's right ... I think about IT all the time.. That how much I love you..

(To the gullible I'm joking....kinda)

IndieTalk tries to uphold fairly high standards. Because of that, phonies and poseurs don't last long.

HA! I'VE GOT YOU ALL FOOLED!

Seriously though, love this site, love the folks on this site. Always interesting reading, and some good collaborations have happened. I've learned a ton over the past couple years here, and glad to see others are too!

addendum: I also love the fact that every couple months someone finds a reason to post how awesome this site is!

I made love while on this forum.... That's right ... I think about IT all the time.. That how much I love you..

(To the gullible I'm joking....kinda)

!

Doubleplusgood!

I know that when I want to make some sweet love, I too like to put a little Indietalk.com on as well.

:yes:

Yeah, not long ago I was looking at another apparently very popular forum. I was quite struck by the amount of visitors and members it had compared to I.T. And I couldn't help noticing a familiar member name or two. Having been pretty much an exclusive visitor to I.T., I couldn't help feeling a little bit of size envy about it. Hey, I'm not familiar with that site, but it did seem like, just perusing their forum heads, that they are gear centric. Eh. That's fine, gear obsession has its place, as has been mentioned. But I do think it's wise that I.T. management takes a more holistic approach, seeing filmmaking as being much more than the gear.

I'd ask for a group hug but I'm not terribly active here until lately so that would just be creepy.

Back