• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Monster Movie Ideas...

Hey guys.
I have been thinking of taking up this month's Film Riot Monster movie challenge. Rules are simple-
1.It has to be about a monster. (Can even be just talking about the monster)
2.Less than 2mins.
3. By 25th Oct.

So anything from Dracula to Cookie Monsters go. I was thinking of doing it about Cthulhu though. Any Ideas on how to get that indescribable feeling of fear, translate to a concept. That too, in 2mins.
Thanks

Tom Savini wasn't sure how the the monster in Creepshow should have looked. In the book Grande Illusions, he wrote "Sit in a dark room and imagine the scariest thing that could happen to you. Light a candle, and think of the face that would appear...".

Thanks Rayw for the video..What a helpful thing, you took the time to make. I went through all the videos and documents. It has sured helped me formulate a rough plan to move ahead. :)
@ChimpphobiaFilms.. Thanks for the suggestion.
@directorik.. thanks for the kind words. I hope I'll be able to do something that pleases you. If you aint busy with some project, you should also join us. :)

I'll post some rough ideas I have come up with here by tomorrow.

Cool script!
Did you time the dialogue with a stopwatch?
And did you already make a storyboard, so you can read that with a stopwatch to see whether you have enough time?

Thanks man. Believe me, I'm trying the best I could. However, like I said, my rag tag crew have some prior commitments to take care off, so I don't know if I will be able to finish it before 25th. However, I will definately make it. How goes your film? You must be well into post by now..

It's a nice script, but I'm worried how you are going to pull that off with the time constraints (both the length and the amount of time we have).

Cheers WalterB. Means a lot. I have been timing the dialogues and I think it's a little shy of 1:30 mark.
Working on storyboards right now. FrameForge 3D to the rescue.. :)

Cool script!
Did you time the dialogue with a stopwatch?
And did you already make a storyboard, so you can read that with a stopwatch to see whether you have enough time?

Lucky you! Ofcourse, you should. Do share the link. Unfortunately, I won't be able to finish it before the competition, but this competition got me out of a rut and I'll be finishing mine by next week. Good Luck :)
I'll be contributing mine tonight, luckily a film I was already working on does somewhat fit the bill of "monster", so I'm going to give it a shot anyway...why not, right?

Lucky you! Ofcourse, you should. Do share the link. Unfortunately, I won't be able to finish it before the competition, but this competition got me out of a rut and I'll be finishing mine by next week. Good Luck :)

I'll share the link later on once I have it posted to my own channel (planning on uploading on the 30th or morning of the the 31st...I intended it to be a "Halloween" episode.

Back