• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Mob on the Run - A mafia dramedy web series

Been working on this web series since last year and have been through the roller coaster of problems/situations. It started off wrong, as an under-funded, under-staffed project that has blossomed into this new thing of "run and gun" filmmaking on less than a shoestring budget. It has suffered at points from a lack of many things here and there, and we know there are sometimes issues with how things are filmed or not filmed (including numerous continuity issues), but it has grown to more than 12 episodes so far, and we're working on a Season 2.

So, I wanted to see what people thought about the show. We only have one episode listed on Blip right now, but have eight total on YouTube (just hidden for marketing of Blip). If you have constructive criticisms, please share them here. And if you're interested in seeing episode 2, let me know that, too.

Thanks for your time.

Jeff

Episode 1: http://blip.tv/mobontherun/motr-episode-101-final-blip-tv-6562432

I got past the slow intro before the too-long credits and got to the Mickey on the phone bit before I turned it off.

The writing needs to be snappier.
The visual style needs to be less documentarian for the tongue in cheek humor.
And 13+ minutes taxes my patience.

But... you're already working on season 2, so I guess what you're getting done is good for other viewers.

GL! :)

Hey, thanks for the replies, especially yours rayw. More information to send back to the crew always helps in this situation.

rayw: When you say "documentarian style", I'm not sure what you mean? Mind giving me a rundown of what you mean? I'd appreciate it.

I do have an additional question of anyone reading this: Is mafia stuff "your thing"? Basically, are you a fan of mafia shows in general? I only ask because I'm trying to garner more of a feel for people who really dig the genre.

Also, would you mind analyzing this episode for me. Improvement, getting worse...? Let me know, and thanks in advance. (Of course, some of the stuff won't go over well because you didn't see the other episodes, but just quality of production, acting, writing, editing, etc.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0OMm5u2Ljk

I won't go into the usual critical "slamming" and trying to hurt your feelings, but I feel a sociological responsibility to say this:

Too long, not entertaining, and I love Mafia stuff (When it's done well, or only plays a small role in the plot, which are both rare.)

mussonman: Acceptable. Thanks for that. Did you watch the first episode or 108?

Sometimes I get the feeling like folks might just have unhelpful things to say, especially if it's all negative. It's difficult to believe that everything about anything someone might be working on is absolute cr@p; always some kind of a redeeming factor in there, even if it doesn't complete the production.

Back